Paul M

Default I NEED HELP .. (from the ball and chain guys)

Colbyt

"Paul M" wrote in message
Like most of you guys who "partook" of the ritual known as .. "marriage"
with the words .. "for Better or for Worse" .. I, as well as NONE of YOU
knew that "Better" was only meant for her.

Ok .. Here is "JUST ONE" of my problems.

I am Always wrong.

(ha ha .. bet some of YOU are always wrong too?)

Here is my question: If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors are
such Weenies that they can't back out of their drive-ways when it snows,
(or ices up) and PARK THEIR ASSES in the street (on that little circle
in front of our homes) and I, when backing out in the early AM ... Back
In Into one of their vehicles .. because I was coming out of my (LEGAL)
icy drive-way and didn't know that a ANOTHER vehicle had been added to
the already crowded street .. WHO is at fault?

ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.

Them? Because they are parked in the street?

Hey .. My better half defends THEM by saying .. "They are parked in
front of their homes".

I SAY .. "On a circle .. On a public accessible street, They are parked
. ILLEGALLY, behind ME!

What say you?

I say you should always have your vehicle under control.

And you should get a real connection to the Internet.

Colbyt

Travis Jordan

Paul M wrote:
If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors PARK in the street
and I, when backing out ...Back Into one of their vehicles .. WHO
is at fault?

If they are legally parked, you are.

If they are illegally parked, you are still at fault if you could have
avoided the accident. In that case they may also be cited for illegal
parking.

That's how it is here in Florida. YMMV. And IANAL.

Joseph Meehan

Everywhere I know, you are guilty. The last one who can avoid the accident is guilty. When it comes to a parked car, well it did not come out and jump in the way of your car.

Look at it this way. How would you feel if it had been a kid you did not see. If you can't see a car, you sure would not have seen a kid. Maybe it is time to quit driving or get glasses.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
"Paul M" wrote in message ...
[...]

Paul M

Paul M

Mac Cool

Paul M:

ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.
Them? Because they are parked in the street?

I think you already know the answer.

Let me ask you a question... what kind of relationship do you want to have
with your neighbors?
--
Mac Cool
Josh

"Paul M" wrote in message
[...]

I say, how did such an intelligent woman end up with a smuck like you?

Look bonehead, ANY time a vehicle backs from a driveway onto public access
road is illegal. That's right, in ANY jurisdiction. You're supposed to
back into your driveway. And, ANY time a moving vehicle hits ANY stationary
object, illegally there or not, the moving vehicle is cited. That's right,
anytime.

You think you can go around and play demolition derby just because you can't
control you car? It's time to hang up the keys permanently.

Make a friendly call to your local police station and have them come out, so
they can get a good laugh as they're writing you out a ticket.
LOLOLLOLOOLLOLLO

Sam O'Nella

I say, how did such an intelligent woman end up with a smuck like you?

She can't be but so smart to be with this one. I like how it's everyone
else's fault but his.

DN B

'What say you? '

Its what say the sign on your cul de sac ! If it says 'no parking when
snowfall is 2" or more'....then its illegal to do so and if you backed
into an illegally parked car, the legal system would most likely favor
you. However, if there is no sign on your cul de sac...then anyone of
your neighbors can park on the street by the curb regardless of their
reason for doing so...which makes you at fault for not looking closer to
see what vehicles are possibly close to your driveway. Before you get
into your car early in the morning....have a look at the bottom of your
driveway so you know whats out there .

Paul M

Edwin Pawlowski

"Paul M" wrote in message
OK JOSEPH .. By your lawyer like reasoning ..
I should be able to park in the middle of I-95 because I don't want to
be "Inconvenienced" by the weather and ... the first person that runs
into my "Conveniently" parked auto .. IS AT FAULT! I Should get
glasses? I should Stop Driving?

Jackasses such as yourself .. NEVER seem to stop and "REASON" things
through.

Reasoning is tough Joseph, try it sometime.

Hey, this is fun. You ask a question. They you get an answer you don't
like so you call the person nasty names. Glad you came along here Paul, it
keeps things from getting boring.

Josh

"Paul M" wrote
OK JOSEPH .. By your lawyer like reasoning ..
I should be able to park in the middle of I-95 because I don't want to
be "Inconvenienced" by the weather and ... the first person that runs
into my "Conveniently" parked auto .. IS AT FAULT! I Should get
glasses? I should Stop Driving?

Jackasses such as yourself .. NEVER seem to stop and "REASON" things
through.

Reasoning is tough Joseph, try it sometime.

Hey asshole. Hit a stopped car on I-95. I will guarantee you, you will get
cited for _assured cleared distance_. Or are you saying you live in a
cardboard box under a bridge? An asshole troll no less.

Why do you open your mouth? To change feet?

Damn you're a stupid one.

DN B

'To the rest of you .. THERE IS "ICE" .. on the roads and driveways here
I-C-E!
The neighbors are PARKING ILLEGALLY in THE STREET ... "BECAUSE" .. They
slip and slid while backing out of Their driveway.
Hey Guys? Get IT? Need another clue?'

Ice on the roads doesnt make it ILLEGAL to park on iced up roads .
Doesnt matter if thier driveways are iced or not...so what. If there is
no sign saying they cant park on the road, then, they can ...unless
there is a village ordinance of some sort restricting them due to snow
accumulation, certain hours of the day, etc...

From your responses...ill bet you are a difficult neighbor to have
around. Try to live at peace with everyone as much as it depends on
you. Does this make sense ?

Josh

"Paul M" wrote in message
colbyt .. Pay Really Close Attention to the end of this post!

To the rest of you .. THERE IS "ICE" .. on the roads and driveways here
. I-C-E!

The neighbors are PARKING ILLEGALLY in THE STREET ... "BECAUSE" .. They
slip and slid while backing out of Their driveway.

Hey Guys? Get IT? Need another clue?

COLBYT .. Which "REAL" internet connection
would YOU suggest that I get?

Know whats funny COLBYT?
I could do some Serious damage to YOUR browser and Right from this
little webtv.
I HAVE a pc. I prefer this webby!

Clowns like you, don't realize that Clowns, like Me .. Have pc
connections but prefer this kiddy stuff!

Look it up .. COLBYT .. Kiddy Scriptors were BORN .. learning how to (do
MORE than ..stuff) on these .. Less than "COLBYT approved browsers"!

Tell ya what COLBYT .. I have a pc .. you have a toy. I have a webby.
Bet I can PROVE to this group that I can do more on this webtv than YOU
can do on YOUR toy! Wanna bet?

Hey big mouth .. Don't let your weakness stand in the way!

THE MOST that you can do is post in NG's and send email!

Your lazy! You don't have a clue about HTML, Javascript, XHTML, CGI,
CCXGI, Hell, forget the rest .. I lost you with the HTML!?

Hey, this is interesting. Lay it on me fool! Let's see you do some serious
damage here. Damn you're really are a stupid fool. Scripts.......LOLOLLOLOL
Waaaaaaaaaaaa BaaaaaaaaaHHHHHaaaahHhhaa

Joseph Meehan

OK JOSEPH .. By your lawyer like reasoning ..
I should be able to park in the middle of I-95 because I don't want to
be "Inconvenienced" by the weather and ... the first person that runs
into my "Conveniently" parked auto .. IS AT FAULT! I Should get
glasses? I should Stop Driving?

Jackasses such as yourself .. NEVER seem to stop and "REASON" things
through.

Reasoning is tough Joseph, try it sometime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both cars are at fault and the last one who was able to avid the
accident will be be charged. The "parked" car may or may not.

I might suggest that you start using plain text when posting messages.
It is considered good manors for those who may not have high speed
connections and don't want to try and read your difficult to read choice of
colors.

Sorry you are having a difficult day.

Joseph E. Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Steve IA

Paul M wrote:

What say you?

To avoid such further complications, back into your driveway. That way
can exit driving forward and better see where you are going.
Steve
41N
willshak

On 1/24/2005 8:18 PM US(ET), Paul M took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

[...]

I don't understand what your wife or marriage has to do with all this,
but you should check your local Vehicle & Traffic laws. They often
supercede anything you or your spouse believe.
Here is what mine says about backing up, and speed under adverse conditions:

NYS V&T Law
SEC. 1211.
Limitations on backing
(a) The driver of a vehicle shall not back the same unless such movement
can be made with safety and without interfering with other traffic.

and...

SEC. 1180.
Basic rule and maximum limits
(a) No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable
and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and
potential hazards then existing.

That about covers it for me, what say your laws?

--
Bill
effi

"Paul M" wrote in message
Like most of you guys who "partook" of the ritual known as .. "marriage"
with the words .. "for Better or for Worse" .. I, as well as NONE of YOU
knew that "Better" was only meant for her.

Ok .. Here is "JUST ONE" of my problems.

I am Always wrong.

(ha ha .. bet some of YOU are always wrong too?)

Here is my question: If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors are
such Weenies that they can't back out of their drive-ways when it snows,
(or ices up) and PARK THEIR ASSES in the street (on that little circle
in front of our homes) and I, when backing out in the early AM ... Back
In Into one of their vehicles .. because I was coming out of my (LEGAL)
icy drive-way and didn't know that a ANOTHER vehicle had been added to
the already crowded street .. WHO is at fault?

you would be since your icey driveway would have caused the accident

ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.

Them? Because they are parked in the street?

Hey .. My better half defends THEM by saying .. "They are parked in
front of their homes".

I SAY .. "On a circle .. On a public accessible street, They are parked
. ILLEGALLY, behind ME!

What say you?

Matt

I'd say you were correct.

You DO NEED HELP.

Badly.

Matt

This idiot is just another in the long line of assholes that **** ****
up and then want to lay the blame elsewhere.

What a freaking idiot.. running into a parked car. He was probably
checking his makeup or something.

Colbyt

COLBYT .. Which "REAL" internet connection
would YOU suggest that I get?

Poor choice of words on my part. I assumed WEBTV defaulted to HTML.

I would suggest.

One that does not post HTML in newsgroups.

Other than that you may post anything you like.

And we will choose to read it or not.

Colbyt

Mac Cool

Paul M:

Thanks Mac

YOU at least, are honest.

Right or wrong really doesn't matter here, does it? Its all about how
you want your quality of "neighborly Life" to be 8-)

Turn it over to your insurance company, let the insurance companies worry
about it, that's what you pay them for.
--
Mac Cool