willshak

On 1/24/2005 8:18 PM US(ET), Paul M took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Like most of you guys who "partook" of the ritual known as .. "marriage"
with the words .. "for Better or for Worse" .. I, as well as NONE of YOU
knew that "Better" was only meant for her.

Ok .. Here is "JUST ONE" of my problems.

I am Always wrong.

(ha ha .. bet some of YOU are always wrong too?)

Here is my question: If I live on a cul-de-sac, and my neighbors are
such Weenies that they can't back out of their drive-ways when it snows,
(or ices up) and PARK THEIR ASSES in the street (on that little circle
in front of our homes) and I, when backing out in the early AM ... Back
In Into one of their vehicles .. because I was coming out of my (LEGAL)
icy drive-way and didn't know that a ANOTHER vehicle had been added to
the already crowded street .. WHO is at fault?

ME? Because my vehicle slid into one of theirs.

Them? Because they are parked in the street?

Hey .. My better half defends THEM by saying .. "They are parked in
front of their homes".

I SAY .. "On a circle .. On a public accessible street, They are parked
. ILLEGALLY, behind ME!

What say you?

I don't understand what your wife or marriage has to do with all this,
but you should check your local Vehicle & Traffic laws. They often
supercede anything you or your spouse believe.
Here is what mine says about backing up, and speed under adverse conditions:

NYS V&T Law
SEC. 1211.
Limitations on backing
(a) The driver of a vehicle shall not back the same unless such movement
can be made with safety and without interfering with other traffic.

and...

SEC. 1180.
Basic rule and maximum limits
(a) No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable
and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and
potential hazards then existing.

That about covers it for me, what say your laws?

--
Bill