machXS1

Default GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle

Hello,

I have a 10 yr. old GE Dishwasher, model GSD500T-64WA, that has started
gradually draining water to the disposal during the wash cycle. Based
on info from USENET & http://www.applianceaid.com/, I checked the drain
solenoid. The solenoid remains upright during the wash and retracts
during the draining, so I do not believe this part is at fault. I'm
afraid that the pump/motor assembly may need to be replaced due to
failure of the interal drain valve.

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er? The motor
seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the
clamps is situated behind the motor. If all else fails, I can always
call the repairman, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid

machXS1 wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er?

Yes.

The motor
seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the
clamps is situated behind the motor.

-Part- of this should help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/WD19X10032.html
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

machXS1

Update:
I was able to remove the pump/motor assembly. The drain valve
gasket/seal is shot, hence the constant leak during the was cycle.
Going to replace the entire assembly.
Thanks for your comments.

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid

Thankx for the update!!
If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...13&bra nd=GEH
Motor and pump assy.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

machXS1

The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the
install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to
the old one, but the water noise is still loud .
Well, thanks again!

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid

machXS1 wrote:
The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the
install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared

the old one, but the water noise is still loud .
Well, thanks again!

machXS1

Hi,

the install went well.

I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to
the old one

There are much better

Thankx for the update!!
jeff.