Ron

Default Dishwasher door and tub wet after cycle

Have a new Kenmore dishwasher and it leaves large water droplets all over
the door and tub after a full cycle with "heat on" drying. I can feel the
heat coming out of the air vent with some steam during the drying cycle.
Most of the dishes are dry however. Using soft water, but no rinse-aid
(should be unnecessary with soft water).

Sears repair says that this is normal. Is it normal to leave so much
moisture in the dishwasher after a full cycle with heat? The air vent has
no fan...is that the issue? Or are all new dishwasher designed this way? I
like to run the dishwasher overnight, but can not think that leaving the
inner tub that damp for hours must be good.

Alan

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:37:41 -0700, "Ron" wrote:

Have a new Kenmore dishwasher and it leaves large water droplets all over
the door and tub after a full cycle with "heat on" drying. I can feel the
heat coming out of the air vent with some steam during the drying cycle.
Most of the dishes are dry however. Using soft water, but no rinse-aid
(should be unnecessary with soft water).

I don't know about the moisture problem, but with my last dishwasher,
I started using rinse-aid. I have always had a water softener and I
turn the heated drying off, but now the dishes appear sparkling clean
which was not the case before .

Sears repair says that this is normal. Is it normal to leave so much
moisture in the dishwasher after a full cycle with heat? The air vent has
no fan...is that the issue? Or are all new dishwasher designed this way? I
like to run the dishwasher overnight, but can not think that leaving the
inner tub that damp for hours must be good.

willshak

On 1/15/2005 8:37 AM US(ET), Ron took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Have a new Kenmore dishwasher and it leaves large water droplets all over
the door and tub after a full cycle with "heat on" drying. I can feel the
heat coming out of the air vent with some steam during the drying cycle.
Most of the dishes are dry however. Using soft water, but no rinse-aid
(should be unnecessary with soft water).

Condensation of vapor left inside after the heater shuts off. I have
some coffee mugs that have a deep recessed base and there is always a
quarter teaspoon of water left in the recess. I have to remember to
empty the lower rack first, so as not to drip the water on the dry
plates before I can sop the mug recesses out with a paper towel. This
happens whether I use the dryer or not, but I prefer to not use the
dryer and just open the door a little when the rinse cycle is complete
to let them air dry.
A water softener adds a small amount of sodium to the water (that's why
some mfgrs.post a warning in their documentation for people who have to
watch their sodium intake). Dried sodium may leave a film on dishes and
glasses. I have a water softener and I have to use a rinse aid, or else
I get slightly cloudy glasses.

Sears repair says that this is normal. Is it normal to leave so much
moisture in the dishwasher after a full cycle with heat? The air vent has
no fan...is that the issue? Or are all new dishwasher designed this way? I
like to run the dishwasher overnight, but can not think that leaving the
inner tub that damp for hours must be good.

Some, if not all, dishwashers leave a small amount of water in the
bottom of the washer tub to keep seals and gaskets moist. If they dry
out, they may prematurely fail.

--
Bill