Ed

There is something caught in the drain valve preventing it from fully
closing or the valve is no good.

"machXS1" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I have a 10 yr. old GE Dishwasher, model GSD500T-64WA, that has started
gradually draining water to the disposal during the wash cycle. Based
on info from USENET & http://www.applianceaid.com/, I checked the drain
solenoid. The solenoid remains upright during the wash and retracts
during the draining, so I do not believe this part is at fault. I'm
afraid that the pump/motor assembly may need to be replaced due to
failure of the interal drain valve.

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er? The motor
seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the
clamps is situated behind the motor. If all else fails, I can always
call the repairman, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

machXS1