DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/86681-ge-dishwasher-drains-during-wash-cycle.html)

machXS1 January 16th 05 06:30 PM

GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle

Hello,

I have a 10 yr. old GE Dishwasher, model GSD500T-64WA, that has started
gradually draining water to the disposal during the wash cycle. Based
on info from USENET & http://www.applianceaid.com/, I checked the drain
solenoid. The solenoid remains upright during the wash and retracts
during the draining, so I do not believe this part is at fault. I'm
afraid that the pump/motor assembly may need to be replaced due to
failure of the interal drain valve.

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er? The motor
seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the
clamps is situated behind the motor. If all else fails, I can always
call the repairman, but I'd like to give it a shot.
Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid January 16th 05 08:53 PM

machXS1 wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er?

Yes.

The motor
seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the
clamps is situated behind the motor.

-Part- of this should help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/WD19X10032.html
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

machXS1 January 16th 05 08:53 PM

Update:
I was able to remove the pump/motor assembly. The drain valve
gasket/seal is shot, hence the constant leak during the was cycle.
Going to replace the entire assembly.
Thanks for your comments.

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid January 17th 05 01:20 AM

Thankx for the update!!
If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes :)

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...13&bra nd=GEH
Motor and pump assy.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

machXS1 January 21st 05 01:52 AM

The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the
install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to
the old one, but the water noise is still loud :(.
Well, thanks again!

machXS1

Appliance Repair Aid January 21st 05 03:16 AM

machXS1 wrote:
The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the
install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared

the old one, but the water noise is still loud :(.
Well, thanks again!

machXS1

Hi,

the install went well.

:)

I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to
the old one

There are much better :D

Thankx for the update!!
jeff.