Skirmishd

Default Question About Old Posts

Hi, guys.

I enjoy this group and have gotten good information here. Unfortunately, I
can't add much.

There was a thread some time ago about calling your own phone number. I tried
to google it but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me how to call my own phone
#?

My husband had a garage put up in the backyard, and that is his woodshop. It
would be nice if I could call him. We tried to set up an intercom but that
didn't work with the old wiring in this house. I have considered
walkie-talkies, but hear that you have to get some sort of FCC license for
them.

By the way, the garage went up speedily and the results were good. Tuff Shed
did good work. The whole thing, with double-pane windows and insulation and
everything cost about 17 grand. The neighbor across the alley had a kitchen
built for 50 grand and it took about 9 months from start to finish (I know our
project was much simpler).

Any help is appreciated.
Percival P. Cassidy

I don't know of a way to call your own number without getting a busy
signal. Get a pair of FRS radios (low-power walkie-talkies, no license
required) for approx. $40 (maybe less) at Best Buy, Office Max, etc.

Perce

On 01/09/05 05:38 pm Skirmishd tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

[...]

ADC

A lot of the expandable cordless phones have intercoms in the handsets,
allowing you to talk to one another. Think I saw a base station and two
handsets for $100 in an add this weekend.
"Skirmishd" wrote in message
[...]

MUADIB®

These should be available for you even by E-shopping.

http://tinyurl.com/5cwae

Pretty good price and many options on them too.

Any help is appreciated.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
MUADIB®

Or Google the things

Search: Walkie Talkie

There's tons of 'em.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

Tom

"Skirmishd" wrote in message
[...]

Verizon told me to simply dial my own number, when I hear the busy signal,
hang up and phone will start ringing. When I hear it stop, pick up the
phone and I'm connected with the other phone. Only catch is if my wife
hangs back up before I can reconnect because she won't hear anything there
when she answers the phone. I take one of the cordless hand units out to the
garage as I cut the phone line to the garage when I ran an underground gas
line. The old phone line to the garage didn't go where Verizon thought it
did. They even came out and marked it out.

Ed Clarke

In article , Skirmishd wrote:

My husband had a garage put up in the backyard, and that is his woodshop. It
would be nice if I could call him. We tried to set up an intercom but that
didn't work with the old wiring in this house. I have considered
walkie-talkies, but hear that you have to get some sort of FCC license for
them.

I bought Sony "QuadraStation" telephones. A single "master" station that plugs
into the phone line and three remotes. You can only use a single phone to make
telephone calls at a time, but any one of the phones can call one of the other
three in "intercom" mode. I don't think you can use the intercom while someone
is making a telephone call.

My shop is about a hundred feet from the master station and it works well. I
didn't want to run phone wire that far for fear of lightning induced transients
killing the telephones. These phones work on 2.4Ghz wireless and there are
Panasonic (at least) equivalents.

--
"De inimico non loquaris sed cogites."
bumtracks

I dial my own number and a voice comes on saying something about hang up,
wait until the other party answers - I hang up and it rings right away so I
answer it and a voice says please hold until another party picks up the
phone.... .

"Skirmishd" wrote in message
[...]

JerryMouse

Skirmishd wrote:

My husband had a garage put up in the backyard, and that is his
woodshop. It would be nice if I could call him. We tried to set up
an intercom but that didn't work with the old wiring in this house.
I have considered walkie-talkies, but hear that you have to get some
sort of FCC license for them.

Leave him alone. He needs his time alone. If it's urgent, you can walk out
there.

You'll both be better for it.

We dial the number, hear a clicking sound, hangup for ring, answer to
end steps. So Calif coast as syteps seem to vary by region.

On 09 Jan 2005 22:38:24 GMT, (Skirmishd) wrote:

There was a thread some time ago about calling your own phone number. I tried
to google it but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me how to call my own phone
#?

Skirmishd

These should be available for you even by E-shopping.

http://tinyurl.com/5cwae

Pretty good price and many options on them too.

Thanks. I think I will go with this.
Skirmishd

Verizon told me to simply dial my own number, when I hear the busy signal,
hang up and phone will start ringing. When I hear it stop, pick up the
phone and I'm connected with the other phone. Only catch is if my wife
hangs back up before I can reconnect because she won't hear anything there
when she answers the phone. I take one of the cordless hand units out to the
garage as I cut the phone line to the garage when I ran an underground gas
line. The old phone line to the garage didn't go where Verizon thought it
did. They even came out and marked it out.

There is actually a phone line to the garage, and a phone. When I call my own
# the answering machine picks it up and I don't get a busy signal. We have
Qwest here, and the answering service is also through Qwest. The neighbor
across the alley is a Qwest tech, maybe I should ask her.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
Sagging Floors, Jack Posts, Sandwich Beams MS Home Repair 7 March 20th 04 04:48 AM
Concrete Floor Question E5I5O Home Repair 9 February 17th 04 01:28 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM