Tom

"Skirmishd" wrote in message
Hi, guys.

I enjoy this group and have gotten good information here. Unfortunately,
can't add much.

There was a thread some time ago about calling your own phone number. I
tried
to google it but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me how to call my own
phone
#?

My husband had a garage put up in the backyard, and that is his woodshop.
It
would be nice if I could call him. We tried to set up an intercom but
that
didn't work with the old wiring in this house. I have considered
walkie-talkies, but hear that you have to get some sort of FCC license for
them.

By the way, the garage went up speedily and the results were good. Tuff
Shed
did good work. The whole thing, with double-pane windows and insulation
and
everything cost about 17 grand. The neighbor across the alley had a
kitchen
built for 50 grand and it took about 9 months from start to finish (I know
our
project was much simpler).

Any help is appreciated.

Verizon told me to simply dial my own number, when I hear the busy signal,
hang up and phone will start ringing. When I hear it stop, pick up the
phone and I'm connected with the other phone. Only catch is if my wife
hangs back up before I can reconnect because she won't hear anything there
when she answers the phone. I take one of the cordless hand units out to the
garage as I cut the phone line to the garage when I ran an underground gas
line. The old phone line to the garage didn't go where Verizon thought it
did. They even came out and marked it out.