Robert Rolleston

Default making water tank from aluminum/stainless beer keg

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless
steel beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure
of a home water system

Thank you,
Robert Rolleston
Edwin Pawlowski

"Robert Rolleston" wrote in message
Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless steel
beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a
home water system

Thank you,
Robert Rolleston

Anything is possible. Practical and sensible are different though.
Depends on the use. It will not take the place of a Weltrol pressure tank
if that is your intention.

Red Neckerson

"Robert Rolleston" wrote

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless steel
beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a
home water system

Why would you replace beer with water??!!!

That, sir, is alcohol abuse........

Robert Rolleston

heh. I found out that a beer keg can only hold 60psi so still not sure
it's a good idea.

Red Neckerson wrote:
"Robert Rolleston" wrote

Would it be possible to make a water tank with an aluminum/stainless steel
beer keg. I guess the only issue is will the keg handle pressure of a
home water system

Why would you replace beer with water??!!!

That, sir, is alcohol abuse........

Harry K

I fail to see what you would accomplish. Yes, it should hold common
household pressures but the volume of useable water (the draw-down)
would be so small as to be impractical in use.

Harry K

Robert Rolleston

I was thinking about makeing a water heater tank out of one but at 60
psi max on a keg isn't enough but I did find an atwood 10g heater tank.
I will probably use it with an electric element and heat exchanger
connected to a wood stove. I just want a small tank heater that I can
use on generator power. My tankless unit requires too much power.
Edward Grant

In article ,
Robert Rolleston wrote:

I was thinking about makeing a water heater tank out of one but at 60
psi max on a keg isn't enough but I did find an atwood 10g heater tank.
I will probably use it with an electric element and heat exchanger
connected to a wood stove. I just want a small tank heater that I can
use on generator power. My tankless unit requires too much power.

Isn't it a sacrilege to put water into a beer keg? : )

Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM
Home water tank water tank pressure not right, do I need a new tank? Gary Slusser Home Repair 2 August 11th 03 04:45 AM