Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Avery

Default What underground telephone cable to use when stringing from pole to house

I am having an addition put on where the telephone cable currently
enters the house. Cavalier telephone has not responded to my request to
reroute the cable other than "it will be very expensive".

So when the contractors cut the cable I will be left with a dangling
bit of aerial wire that I will run underground ( 6- 8 ") about 150 feet
to the NIC box. Questions:
1. What kind of connector can I use to splice the aerial cable to
the new cable?
2. What kind of cable should I use for underground wiring? I dont
want to run conduit if I can help it. BTW I have DSL so quality of
signal matters.
3. Most importantly, Are there instructions anywhere for this?
TIA

Avery

Using SWA cable andrewpreece UK diy 14 December 19th 04 01:34 PM
Why buy a house? victor Home Ownership 376 August 19th 04 11:08 PM
How to Run Network Cable in an Old House? w_tom Home Repair 22 May 13th 04 05:09 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM
Telephone Extension Cable Tony Hayes UK diy 2 July 3rd 03 04:23 PM