Bob S.

Avery wrote:
I am having an addition put on where the telephone cable currently
enters the house. Cavalier telephone has not responded to my request

reroute the cable other than "it will be very expensive".

So when the contractors cut the cable I will be left with a dangling
bit of aerial wire that I will run underground ( 6- 8 ") about 150

feet
to the NIC box. Questions:
1. What kind of connector can I use to splice the aerial cable to
the new cable?
2. What kind of cable should I use for underground wiring? I dont
want to run conduit if I can help it. BTW I have DSL so quality of
signal matters.
3. Most importantly, Are there instructions anywhere for this?
TIA

Avery

1. Let the contractor handle the problem. That's what you're paying him
for and he should have a lot of experience with those sort of things.

2. If telco is truly unresponsive, have the contractor pull the box
loose from the house, coil the wire w/box back to the pole, then notify
telco you don't have any service. You have done no harm to their
equipment. Since they will have to run a new cable anyway, you can
negotiate for an underground run.