George

Default Toilet refill rate problem

I have a toilet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (installed
by a plumber). It has (apparently) always had this
problem: The refill flow rate is too high. The bowl
fills and the refill flow keeps going and (apparently)
water goes over the "hump" in the trap and down the
drain. The water pressure here is not high. It seems
to me that too much water is coming out of the refill
tube and not enough is coming out elsewhere (wherever
that might be). Can this be adjusted?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

bumtracks

http://www.fluidmaster.com/usa.html

Click here to download installation instructions for the Anti-Siphon Fill
Valve (400A) in the PDF format-
http://www.fluidmaster.com/pdf/400a_instructions.pdf

it has a float that adjusts fill level, squeeze clip and push it down a tad

"George" wrote in message
I have a toilet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (installed
by a plumber). It has (apparently) always had this
problem: The refill flow rate is too high. The bowl
fills and the refill flow keeps going and (apparently)
water goes over the "hump" in the trap and down the
drain. The water pressure here is not high. It seems
to me that too much water is coming out of the refill
tube and not enough is coming out elsewhere (wherever
that might be). Can this be adjusted?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Speedy Jim

George wrote:
I have a toilet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (installed
by a plumber). It has (apparently) always had this
problem: The refill flow rate is too high. The bowl
fills and the refill flow keeps going and (apparently)
water goes over the "hump" in the trap and down the
drain. The water pressure here is not high. It seems
to me that too much water is coming out of the refill
tube and not enough is coming out elsewhere (wherever
that might be). Can this be adjusted?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

The refill rate is not adjustable. Put a paper clip (or similar)
over the tube to see if that helps the problem. I don't recall ever
seeing a 400-A with too high a flow from the refill.

If the valve shuts off properly when tank full level is reached, then
adjusting the float will not affect it.

If you have considered closing the supply valve (shutoff) partway,
don't do it. Some of those valves will chatter badly if not fully open.

Jim

I had a similar problem with a FluidMaster.

If you've got hi pressure, and "certain toilets"
water going into the overflow pipe will keep the
flapper valve from seating.
( it also wastes a lot of water during the fill cycle )

I called FluidMaster.
They sent me a plastic screw-clamp
It reduces flow in the plastic hose that
feeds the overflow pipe.

Problem Solved !!

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 13:56:15 GMT, George wrote:

I have a toilet with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (installed
by a plumber). It has (apparently) always had this
problem: The refill flow rate is too high. The bowl
fills and the refill flow keeps going and (apparently)
water goes over the "hump" in the trap and down the
drain. The water pressure here is not high. It seems
to me that too much water is coming out of the refill
tube and not enough is coming out elsewhere (wherever
that might be). Can this be adjusted?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

rj
George

Thank you.
This sounds like just what I need!

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:29:18 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

[...]

Rein

Question; why is part of the water that fills drained down the
overfill tube when it is filling up ?When I install a new filler, I
always just have all water run directly in the tank, not part in the
overflow ?