Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
beekay

Default Toilet flange question

Hi,

We are in the middle of changing the toilet, and found not only wax around
the flange, but a soft metallic-like material - almost like solder - that is
layered on top of the flange, and follows the contours of the flange into
the drain for an inch or two. The flange is obviously a separate object.
We are removing the extra material, but wonder what it is. The house is a
50's vintage ranch, but none of the books or web sites we have looked at say
anything about this extra layer.

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball from Louisville