Terry

"beekay" wrote in message
Thanks. We did decide to leave it after fussing with it for a while.
Hopefully, it isn't damaged. None of the books or web sites we visited
mentioned this, yet it doesn't sound like it's all that unusual.

Search terms: toilet, flange, lead, solder, wax.

Bruce Kimball from Louisville

If the wax seal has worked well in the past I guess you should stick with
that method!
But will mention that we used a reusable spongy a rubber toilet seal ring.
About three to four dollars.
This was very useful with a only single toilet in the house because it was
necessary to remove and replace the toilet several times while rebuilding
the bathroom.
We keep a spare wax seal in the vanity under the sink just in case but have
never needed it.