barry martin

Default TV screen turns dark

Bob:

B My 24" Sharp TV periodically turns dark. The way I get it to come back to a
B normal screen is to smack it real hard on the side of the cabinet. It will
B then be all right for a week or two then it happens again and then I smack
B it again. What is your opinion of this problem, is it on its way out, and
B is it worth repairing.

As the others indicated, it's a bad connection (bad solder joint,
etc.). I would take it to a private TV repair shop and have a written
estimate (the forty dollars suggested by another respondant sounds
about right). The problem with this sort of intermittent problem is
that it is intermittent - can take weeks to get the opportunity to
test.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Sure is nice to be important, but is more important to be NICE.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *