Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gene

Default Stupid Store Employees / Inconsiderate Stores

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:12:00 -0600, wrote:

I just came home from a Menards store. I needed to buy another
livestock watering tank. The store only had one 70 gallon and one 100
gallon tank in stock. Both were stored outdoors. The temperature is
zero today. I decided to take the 70 gallon one, paid for it, and
went outside to the lot to get it. Now. you tell me why they had them
on the shelves with the OPEN

It's a good thing I didn't buy the 100 gallon one. That one was about
12 feet up on the shelf, and since it did not have other items above
it, like the one I bought, and was on the top shelf, I have a feeling
that one was entirely filled with ice. There is no way we could have
lifted that.

Well, I would have looked at the tank first, then knowing that the
100 gallon one was probably more full, I'd have bought that one and
had the joy of watching those workers sweat pulling it down.

this is just plain assenine. If I weren't for the fact that I needed
the tank immediately, they would have lost a sale, and I would have
gone elsewhere to buy one. But then too, could I have found one?

Possibly, should check the phone book.

This brings up another gripe of mine. When the stores are full of
Christmas items, and I mean ALL stores, they dont stock "normal"
items. Last week I was at Walmart and decided to buy another garden
hose, since I had one break. I bought a hose at Walmart during the
summer and found it to be one of the best hoses I have gotten for the
price. Well, I was shocked to find they did not have one single hose.
I asked the clerk, who had to call the manager, who said they do have
them in storage, but can not get to them, until all the Christmas

This is called "Seasonal" items Like lawnmowers, chippers, and such.
You're more likely to buy them during the time they are normally used,
instead of those "Rare" occasions.

Of course, why not go back to Mennys and buy one there instead?