Default How about this thing to heat the garage?

I have just nothing to do today...

This is the Mr Heater little buddy propane heater...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=home-garden

Seems like it would do a decent job for my garage/gym. I expect to be
out there maybe 3-4 hours per week total, so I would only need 1 or 2
pound cannisters a month. (Do they sell the one pounders at home depot
in the winter?)

Plus I could use it in the house if the oil burner fails (likely) or
the power goes out.

Thoughts?

Bluesman

Damn, that Kerosun Omni thing is $220 bucks...

I only need heat in the garage for a few hours a week and only when the
temp is below 35 degrees...and the Mr Heater thing is built for indoor
use (o2 sensor and so forth.)

Bluesman

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just nothing to do today...

This is the Mr Heater little buddy propane heater...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=home-garden

Seems like it would do a decent job for my garage/gym. I expect to be
out there maybe 3-4 hours per week total, so I would only need 1 or 2
pound cannisters a month. (Do they sell the one pounders at home depot
in the winter?)

Plus I could use it in the house if the oil burner fails (likely) or
the power goes out.

Thoughts?

Cute. It could heat our dog house if it is not too cold out.

I use a 30,000 Btu heater in my garage and it is not enough when the
temperature gets below 20 degrees. Buying the one pound canister will cost
you a fortune.

If your house heater goes out, this will keep your feet warm while the pipe
freeze. Chances are the home heater is about 150,000 to 180,000 Btu.

Tom Zillig

Cabelas sells an adaptor to allow you to refill your little propane
tanks from your 20 poundtank on the gas grill. We refill our
propane tanks for about 80 cents a pound (I guessed that amount.)

Garage heat Rick Woodworking 49 December 22nd 04 05:07 PM
Propane heat for garage... (long) john_williams Home Repair 2 November 5th 04 03:27 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
CH+HW upgrade, unvented or thermal store cylinder? Ian Calderbank UK diy 14 August 15th 04 11:42 PM