TOM KAN PA

Default Why do all drains in the house run slow

All the drains in my daughter's house run very slow, including the toilets.
They never overflow or not drain, they're just slow.
Whether the toilet is flushed empty or with waste makes no difference.
This sounds to me like it could be the vent pipe.
Is this a possibility?
How do you determine if it is indeed at fault?
And how do you clean it out?

Tony Hwang

TOM KAN PA wrote:
All the drains in my daughter's house run very slow, including the toilets.
They never overflow or not drain, they're just slow.
Whether the toilet is flushed empty or with waste makes no difference.
This sounds to me like it could be the vent pipe.
Is this a possibility?
How do you determine if it is indeed at fault?
And how do you clean it out?

Hi,
Obstruction in vent stack?
Tony
Stormin Mormon

Would a pound of Drano down the toilet be indicated? I've never tried this,
though I did pour a bunch into a cleanout one time for a friend whose drain
was slow.

If you have a cardboard tube (like from wrapping paper at Christmas) you can
pour Drano down the inside of the tube, and get it right into the pipe. The
cleanout was angled down, and I needed the cardboard "chute" to get the
crystals into the center of the pipe. I know, totally clever idea.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article ,
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:
All the drains in my daughter's house run very slow, including the toilets.
They never overflow or not drain, they're just slow.

They're probably full of frogs. :-)

Whether the toilet is flushed empty or with waste makes no difference.
This sounds to me like it could be the vent pipe.
Is this a possibility?

Yes. The drains could also be clogged. If the vents are not clogged, it's
probably time to snake the drains.

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
hot house in summer malcolm Home Repair 22 June 18th 04 10:15 PM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Ownership 21 February 20th 04 02:50 AM
Mayhem! Horror stories of house building and buying Ablang Home Ownership 2 November 3rd 03 06:56 PM