Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Modine

Default Genie remotes problems

Both my Genie opener remotes only activate the operator when they are very
close (10' or less) to the unit. Both my cars with factory installed garage
door buttons also only activate the operator when the vehicle is inside the
garage. This all happened overnight. I imagine changing batteries in the
hand held remotes might be a possible solution for these units, but the fact
that both cars buttons are now distance sensitive tells me something else is
going on.
Any suggestions? Radio interference? Gremlins? Sunspots?
I already try slightly repositioning the antenna wire, to no avail.
Any/all suggestions welcomed.
David