Joseph Meehan

David Modine wrote:
Both my Genie opener remotes only activate the operator when they are
very close (10' or less) to the unit. Both my cars with factory
installed garage door buttons also only activate the operator when
the vehicle is inside the garage. This all happened overnight. I
imagine changing batteries in the hand held remotes might be a
possible solution for these units, but the fact that both cars
buttons are now distance sensitive tells me something else is going
on.
Any suggestions? Radio interference? Gremlins? Sunspots?
I already try slightly repositioning the antenna wire, to no avail.
Any/all suggestions welcomed.
David

The remotes in the car may have its own battery. Most batteries loose
energy when cold. I'll bet it just got cold around you area. Try new
batteries first. Next check the antennas, make sure they are connected and
not bundled up. It is possible that cold temps can cause a bad solder joint
to open up and if that was the antenna, then that could cause what you are
observing. However it is not likely two units would have the same problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math