antinori

Default code for chimney liners

I am thinking of inserting a wood soapstone stove in my firelace and am
looking for the building codes on chimney flu liners, stove installation,
etc. I heard there was a federal law regarding the flu liner for a wood
stove.

Any web links to this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Paul

Greg O

Codes vary depending on the area. Check with who ever enforces the codes in
your area. The federal government has nothing to do with it. Anything on the
web could be incorrect for your area.
Greg

"antinori" wrote in message
I am thinking of inserting a wood soapstone stove in my firelace and am
looking for the building codes on chimney flu liners, stove installation,
etc. I heard there was a federal law regarding the flu liner for a wood
stove.

Any web links to this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Paul

m Ransley

If the chimney is to big or cold it will not draw right and could smoke
or take forever to warm up to proper draw. Consult a pro or post at
alt.energy.homepower