barry martin

Default Anyone hang fake shutters

Hi Jeff!

JW I was just wondering if anyone putting up those ubiquitous
JW non-functional louvered window shutters ever stuck them to the wall with
JW the louveres pointing in the direction they would if those shutters were
JW real?
JW
JW Did the practice of puting them up "inside-out" begin the first time
JW someone nailed a pair to a wall?
JW
JW Not to mention that most of the ones I see are the wrong width to cover
JW the window if they *were* hinged.

We have the fake shutters he there was only one way to mount them
on the house -- as someone else mentioned, the wrong side is very
obvious! An no, if the shutters were to be hinged they would not
cover the windows. They're there for decoration only; on this house
not having them makes the exterior look boring!

BTW, there are at least two types of vinyl shutters: paintable and
not. Non-paintable shutters will not take the paint, or at least
latex paint: after it dries it peels right off!

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Not Quites: Take Me Out of the Ball Game.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
willshak

On 12/10/2004 8:39 AM US(ET), barry martin took fingers to keys, and=20
typed the following:

Hi Jeff!

JW I was just wondering if anyone putting up those ubiquitous
JW non-functional louvered window shutters ever stuck them to the wall =

with
JW the louveres pointing in the direction they would if those shutters =

were
JW real?
JW=20
JW Did the practice of puting them up "inside-out" begin the first time=

JW someone nailed a pair to a wall?
JW=20
JW Not to mention that most of the ones I see are the wrong width to co=

ver
JW the window if they *were* hinged.

We have the fake shutters he there was only one way to mount them=20
on the house -- as someone else mentioned, the wrong side is very=20
obvious! An no, if the shutters were to be hinged they would not=20
cover the windows. They're there for decoration only; on this house=20
not having them makes the exterior look boring!

BTW, there are at least two types of vinyl shutters: paintable and=20
not. Non-paintable shutters will not take the paint, or at least=20
latex paint: after it dries it peels right off!
=20

Rustoleum makes a vinyl primer. After that, you can use any paint on the =

primer.

-
=AF barry.martin=FEAT=FEthesafebbs.zeppole.com =AE

* Not Quites: Take Me Out of the Ball Game.
---
=FE RoseReader 2.52=E1 P003186
=FE The Safe BBS =FE Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
=FE RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
=20

William Deans

Greetings,
I would only put the "correctly sized" fake shutters on if it looked BETTER
than the "incorrectly" sized shutter. They are purely for decoration.

Hope this helps,
William

news:1353892567.2580.02.3767286.1117007191.RIMEGat ...