Dugie

Default Kenmore Washer model 110.4680290, top loading, water not cycling

Hi All,

I've replaced the water pump. I didn't buy from you, Dave, since I live in Canada, and you didn't respond to my
private message.

A new problem is that during the wash cycle, the soapy water isn't constantly recycled, as it used to do.

Any suggestions as to a fix would be appreciated.

- Dugie

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Canadian models for the most part are not online, 110.####### is a
Whirlpool/Inglis built Kenmore.....direct drive or belt drive style?
http://www.applianceaid.com/newpics/which_washer.JPG

**A new problem is that during the wash cycle, the soapy water isn't
constantly recycled, as it used to do**

Recirulated you mean? Like through a filter assembly?
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Dugie

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
Canadian models for the most part are not online, 110.####### is a
Whirlpool/Inglis built Kenmore.....direct drive or belt drive style?
http://www.applianceaid.com/newpics/which_washer.JPG

Direct drive.

**A new problem is that during the wash cycle, the soapy water isn't
constantly recycled, as it used to do**

Recirulated you mean? Like through a filter assembly?
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I mean that during the wash cycle, the soapy water in the tub would be constantly circulated, by pumping the water
from the bottom of the tub (and thus probably through the bottom lint filter/remover, since the washer has no "lint
filter" to clean), and out through the same opening which is used to fill the tub with fresh tap water when starting
a load to wash.

During the spin cycles also, water used to be sprayed onto the clothes; that no longer happens either.

Otherwise the washer works fine: no leaks, fills properly (all 4 levels), agitates just fine (and agitates me as
well right now :-) ), rinses, drains properly into the drain pipe, etc.

Thanks for your reply.

- Dugie

Appliance Repair Aid

G'day,

**I mean that during the wash cycle, the soapy water in the tub would
be constantly circulated, by pumping the water from the bottom of the
tub (and thus probably through the bottom lint filter/remover, since
the washer has no "lint filter" to clean), and out through the same
opening which is used to fill the tub with fresh tap water when
starting
a load to wash**

Most ( any that I have seen ) Direct Drive washers do not recirculate
the water during the washing process, most have a self cleaning lint
filter between the inner basket and outer tank.

**During the spin cycles also, water used to be sprayed onto the
clothes; that no longer happens either**

Spray rince missing Those are controlled by the timer. Does the
hot, warm and cold filling still work? The spray rinces are usually a
cold fill sprayed in spurts during the spin out.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Dugie

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
G'day,

Most ( any that I have seen ) Direct Drive washers do not recirculate
the water during the washing process, most have a self cleaning lint
filter between the inner basket and outer tank.

Thanks for your help, Jeff. I think I'm wrong, that the washer did not recirculate before I replaced the water pump.

**During the spin cycles also, water used to be sprayed onto the
clothes; that no longer happens either**

Spray rince missing Those are controlled by the timer. Does the
hot, warm and cold filling still work? The spray rinces are usually a
cold fill sprayed in spurts during the spin out.

The hot, warm, and cold filling still work fine.

The fill, and spray rinse, does work for Regular and ATC temperature control settings. Perm Press is ok.
The only thing I notice is there is no spray during the Regular cycle spin out.

Dugie

Appliance Repair Aid

Dugie wrote:
[...]

Check the washer wire diagram ( usually in the consol area ) for the
timing chart....this will show you what happens and when....see what is
suppose to happen in what cycle from there. *Some* just spray in the
rince area and not in the final spin.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/