mindseye11

Default Rectangular Flex Duct?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as rectangular flex ducting?
I am installing an over-the-range microwave and its vent slot does not
line up with the one currently in place through my cupboard. Since the
cupboard is wider than the microwave, I need to go about 6" over with
my rectangular duct through the cupboard. I figure the best way to do
this would be with flex ducting, or by cutting a straight duct at an
angle and fitting it. Anyone have any ideas?
m Ransley

Microwaves dont need ducting just airflow around them, all sides is
best. dont push vent tight to wall.

SQLit

"mindseye11" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as rectangular flex ducting?
I am installing an over-the-range microwave and its vent slot does not
line up with the one currently in place through my cupboard. Since the
cupboard is wider than the microwave, I need to go about 6" over with
my rectangular duct through the cupboard. I figure the best way to do
this would be with flex ducting, or by cutting a straight duct at an
angle and fitting it. Anyone have any ideas?

NO rectangular flex duct.
DO NOT use flex duct for kitchen exhausts, they are designed for fresh
filtered air only.

I put mine together with rectangular duct and metal tape, took awhile but it
worked well and is air tight. If you making 90 elbows go an size bigger to
allow for the turn.
I remember that an 90 turn is equal to 10 feet of straight duct for static
pressure.

bill a

i think he is probably talking about a cooktop exhaust hood underneath the
microwave.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Microwaves dont need ducting just airflow around them, all sides is
best. dont push vent tight to wall.

Inspector D

mindseye11 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as rectangular flex ducting?
I am installing an over-the-range microwave and its vent slot does not
line up with the one currently in place through my cupboard. Since the
cupboard is wider than the microwave, I need to go about 6" over with
my rectangular duct through the cupboard. I figure the best way to do
this would be with flex ducting, or by cutting a straight duct at an
angle and fitting it. Anyone have any ideas?

This application requires 26 gage sheet metal because of fire reasons.
Any type of flex is likely to be plastic (not the best for containing a
fire). The corrigations of any flexible material will trap grease and
create a much nicer fire in your ductwork.
Take careful measurements and have a proper transition fitting made by a
local sheet metal shop. With their fancy new CAD/CAM plasma cutters
it's a snap to make anything you can think of.

Good Luck
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to mindseye11, Jjamt67 wrote:
Did you find something that worked. We are having sane problem

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ct-568951-.htm