SQLit

"mindseye11" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as rectangular flex ducting?
I am installing an over-the-range microwave and its vent slot does not
line up with the one currently in place through my cupboard. Since the
cupboard is wider than the microwave, I need to go about 6" over with
my rectangular duct through the cupboard. I figure the best way to do
this would be with flex ducting, or by cutting a straight duct at an
angle and fitting it. Anyone have any ideas?

NO rectangular flex duct.
DO NOT use flex duct for kitchen exhausts, they are designed for fresh
filtered air only.

I put mine together with rectangular duct and metal tape, took awhile but it
worked well and is air tight. If you making 90 elbows go an size bigger to
allow for the turn.
I remember that an 90 turn is equal to 10 feet of straight duct for static
pressure.