Zemedelec

Default Restoring old windows

I have an oldish Eastlake in New Orleans. It has a lot of windows with chipped
and flaking paint, lots of overpainting etc. but the wood, glass and all are
sound. Since I do not need to replace, just to restore them...does anyone here
know a good local or national company that does just that? I'd hate to
exchange heart pine and cypress for plastic.
zemedelec

Joe Bobst

anyone here know a good local or national company that does just that?

Haven't heard of any, but could a furniture stripping company do this kind of
work? Downside might be effect on glass if they use a highly caustic paint
remover. HTH

Joe

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

"fsteddie" epearlatprexardotcom writes:
to bad your not in Maine
I have been rehabbing windows and doors in my shop for years.

Do you ever get down to the Boston area?
fsteddie

I only work from my shop in Oakland Maine
I do except projects delivered and picked up in Oakland,Maine ,with fast
turn around,generally 1 or 2 weeks