~Zaitsev

Default My Wife.....

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

I like light blue. If the walls were white, I'd make a lower offer. Hell,
I'm going to repaint it anyway unless it was just done. Unless it is
hideous, dirty, or very dark, ignore the realtor.

I've never been happy with a one coat job. Two works much better. Any good
brand of paint will do, just avoid the cheap crap as you need more of it,
splatters more and it takes longer.

~Zaitsev

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the house
as is.

ink.net...

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.
Art

Is the house showing? If not, white paint won't help. If yes, then find
out what people are rejecting it for. Lower the price or offer a selling
agent incentive bonus if that is allowed in your state. But a bad paint job
may turn off potential buyers. If there is furniture in the house and it is
cruddy get it out.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

LFR

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

Where is the house? If it's in southeastern Virginia (Tidewater), it should
sell quickly...unless it's overpriced. Listings here are still selling in
days, not weeks.

Lynn

Suzie-Q

-
- Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?
-
- Please help....time is of the essence.
-
- thanks.

Can you rent the house out while you're trying to sell?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
m Ransley

750 credit ?? the cost for an average rooms walls to paint is 100- 150.
750 you are dreaming or a dumb ass to pay so much.

xrongor

im with the 'buy it as is' people here, unless its absolutely ungodly which
i doubt it is..

but if i were going to do it, i would put a coat of white primer over
everything and sell it as 'ready to paint whatever color(s) you want'.
primer is cheaper than paint, has a better chance of sticking, and will
cover enough to prep it for the paint that will come.

randy

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

Red Neckerson

"~Zaitsev" wrote

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

Banty

In article , ~Zaitsev says...

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

You had no option for on-base housing?

Banty

~Zaitsev

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
. ..

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

The house is showing. And the movers have already moved most to
Maryland. I just kept enough for me to get by with.

Carpet, house, etc. is clean. Priced lower than those in neighborhood
(a nice one BTW).

I'm beginning to think the property taxes may be the problem.

prop can be viewed at http://www.densarco.org/home

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

Thanks

~Zaitsev

m Ransley wrote:

750 credit ?? the cost for an average rooms walls to paint is 100- 150.
750 you are dreaming or a dumb ass to pay so much.

Don't be too hasty. She painted the entire downstairs blue. 5 rooms.

~Zaitsev

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it
seems I should have had some input here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=235781&page=1
~Zaitsev

Red Neckerson wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

While that's an option, and the house payment is about $690/mo. The
property taxes are $450/mo.

~Zaitsev

Banty wrote:

In article , ~Zaitsev says...

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
. ..

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

You had no option for on-base housing?

Banty

No. It's impossible to get on-base housing in San Antonio. There is a
3 year waiting list here at Lackland. It's mainly for enlisted
families, and rightly so, since basic allowances for housing diminishes
with rank.

And on-base housing is impossible at Andrews AFB, Maryland where she was
transferred in August.

A new rub is that I received a call from St Louis and may be called out
of retirement for an 18 month assignment to Heidelberg.

I don't like the idea of just 'moving out' and leaving the house empty
if I have to go back to active duty.

I thought things got simpler as you got older. Go figure. )

kalanamak

~Zaitsev wrote:

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

Thanks

That page says FSBO. Have you MLS listed it? Out here there are firms
that will do that for a small fee.
Are the schools good ones? Can you put in any info about them? (Out here
the %ile on the state's standardized tests are in some fliers, as are
the teacher to student ratio, if either of them is good.)
I had a house that lingered and lingered, and suddenly the people who
found it just perfect popped up.
Does it smell nice? A musty smell, which you may be accustomed to, or
you may have allergies, or smoke, will turn people off immediately. I'd
get another set of nostrils in there to give an honest assessment.
HTH
blacksalt

Doug Kanter

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

If you were in our around Rochester NY, I'd recommend the realtor I used.
This guy rocked. Before him, I used two others who were no better than 7/11
clerks. I was buying, and the two lousy ones knew next to nothing about
houses, their mechanical systems, the history of building in the area, the
economy, and the psychology of sellers.

Did you sign a contract with this realtor? If so, read it carefully and see
if you have the option to hire another at this point. If so, do this:

Walk into 3 offices of big-name agencies. See whose names are on the sales
award plaques, if any. And/or ask to speak to the branch manager and explain
the situation. Hire the best person they've got.

The paint excuse is a crock, by the way. I think you need a second (or
third) opinion as to why the house is taking too long to sell, and you're
not going to get that from a TYPICAL realtor. You need to hire a real
producer.

Finally, not all realtors share listings with other agencies. I bought
through a large, locally owned agency. But, their web site also showed
listings from ReMax and 3 or 4 other agencies. Look for a similar
arrangement if possible.

Doug Kanter

"Art" wrote in message
link.net...
Is the house showing? If not, white paint won't help. If yes, then find
out what people are rejecting it for. Lower the price or offer a selling
agent incentive bonus if that is allowed in your state. But a bad paint

job
may turn off potential buyers. If there is furniture in the house and it

is
cruddy get it out.

Agreed. Given a choice between bad furniture or seeing an empty room,
"empty" works better.

Edwin Pawlowski

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

I'm beginning to think the property taxes may be the problem.

prop can be viewed at http://www.densarco.org/home

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

It looks like a nice house and plenty of space for the money (at least
compared to New England)

Could be taxes, could be houses are not selling well in military areas with
a lot of the owners deployed. Considering the price of paint, I'd try the
white. Or get another opinion. There is a show on HGTV about homes that
don't move. I think it is called "priced to sell" or something like that.
They show what is needed to move some houses and a $500 investment can bring
a $5000 higher offer. Comes down to perception. Get someone to take a look
and give an honest opinion.

Doug Kanter

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it
seems I should have had some input here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=235781&page=1

If you're referring to the mention of Texas in that news story, that would
only have an effect on dumb people who don't understand how diseases work.

Tom Baker

~Zaitsev wrote in message ...
painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

~Zaitsev

Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

Realtors in Texas seem to be a different breed. This is my second.
They take the listing and NEVER show the house themselves. They seem to
just sit on their asses as wait for someone else to sell it, then
collect the 3% they have coming. So much for 'representing the seller'.
What you wind up with is realtors that show the house and represent
the buyer.
~Zaitsev

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Art" wrote in message
link.net...

Is the house showing? If not, white paint won't help. If yes, then find
out what people are rejecting it for. Lower the price or offer a selling
agent incentive bonus if that is allowed in your state. But a bad paint

job

may turn off potential buyers. If there is furniture in the house and it

is

cruddy get it out.

Agreed. Given a choice between bad furniture or seeing an empty room,
"empty" works better.

For the most part....it's empty. The movers have taken all our
furniture to Maryland already.
~Zaitsev

Doug Kanter wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

xrongor wrote:

im with the 'buy it as is' people here, unless its absolutely ungodly

which

i doubt it is..

but if i were going to do it, i would put a coat of white primer over
everything and sell it as 'ready to paint whatever color(s) you want'.
primer is cheaper than paint, has a better chance of sticking, and will
cover enough to prep it for the paint that will come.

randy

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it
seems I should have had some input here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=235781&page=1

If you're referring to the mention of Texas in that news story, that would
only have an effect on dumb people who don't understand how diseases work.

Holy crap. That was a website I sent to my wife. I posted the wrong
website. Damn. I hate growing old.

http://www.densarco.org/home

Sorry
~Zaitsev

Tom Baker wrote:

~Zaitsev wrote in message ...

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

I checked on that. Seems the Public Health Service does that but the
military doesn't.

~Zaitsev

~Zaitsev wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

In all honesty to the newest one, it seems to be showing quite a bit of
late.

Doug Kanter

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Red Neckerson wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

While that's an option, and the house payment is about $690/mo. The
property taxes are $450/mo.

Nice house! I'd go AWOL just to stay there. :-) But seriously, are you there
when it's being shown? If not, find a way to get the buyers' realtors to
call you and tell you what kinds of objections they're getting to the house.
They won't all cooperate, but I'm sure some of them will.

Details:
1) I don't see the satellite dish in the pictures. But, when I was buying, I
looked very carefully at any accessories which involved screws through the
roof shingles. If that's where yours is, offer to have a real roofer remove
the dish and do whatever patching or shingle replacement is needed. Holes in
the roof make people nervous.

2) I realize you're in a much warmer place than Rochester NY, but are pools
a liability down your way? Not in terms of kids falling in, but in terms of
turning away buyers who aren't interested in a pool no matter HOW easy it is
to maintain.

3) In the picture on your main page, it looks like the tree overhangs the
gutters. If it does, that could dissuade some buyers. Might be worthwhile to
call in a reputable tree service to give the tree a COMPETENT haircut. In
some cities, the utility company uses the better companies for seasonal tree
work. They have to. They can't afford to have morons damaging homeowners'
trees.

4) Here's a biggie: Most of the sellers I spoke with didn't really
understand their furnace & AC warranties. Get with your literature, call the
manufacturer if necessary, and xerox & highlight the crucial parts if
necessary so it can be handed to potential buyers. Focus on whether the
warranty is transferable. The wording's not always clear. If it's in your
favor, highlight it. Ask the same questions of the company which installed
the equipment. This is important. I bought my home this past summer.
Naturally, the inspectors and I tested the furnace, but it began acting up
in early October. It was installed this past April. The problems turned out
to be due to installation errors. The installer tried to claim that his
warranty was non-transferable and became confrontational at my attempts to
reorient his thinking. The manufacturer (Goodman) ended up paying a
reputable installer of my choice to straighten out the problem.

#4 might be especially important if American Standard is in the same
category as Goodman equipment. I'd never heard of Goodman until I looked at
this house. Inquiries turned up many similar answers: "It's OK. It's
contractor-grade stuff". Or, "usually installed by people who know they're
leaving the house soon. Otherwise, they'd install Trane or Carrier". Whether
this is true or not, you have to deal with peoples' impressions.

Doug Kanter

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

That borders on being illegal in NY. :-) If a realtor represents both
parties, it requires a really nit-picking set of paperwork.

Another thought: List it online with America's Choice, if you have the time
to show it yourself. If the realtor has a problem with this, tell him to
start doing his job. You're his employer. In any other sales position, you'd
be entitled to hold his ass to the fire as much as you want. Maybe a little
competition would help.

Short story: When I began looking at houses with my agent, I'd also visit
homes being sold by owners via America's Choice. I stopped into one house
which was damned near perfect, except it was a bit too close to the highway
for my tastes. By this point, my realtor was doing such a great job that I
thought I'd toss him a potential listing. I mentioned the house. He asked
how it was decorated. I described it, and mentioned that the guy was a
hunter and had a couple of antlers on the walls. My realtor laughed and said
the antlers would turn off people who don't like hunters. He called the
owner and got the listing. The house was sold in 2 weeks. The owner had been
trying for 6 months.

Antlers. :-)

Greg G

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:29:12 GMT, ~Zaitsev
wrote:

I'm beginning to think the property taxes may be the problem.

prop can be viewed at http://www.densarco.org/home

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

Thanks

I'm not sure if the web pages you have set up are much of a factor,
but the pictures are not very flattering. The main outside shot was
taken with the sun behind the house, leaving the sky and lawn nice and
bright, but the house shadowy and gray looking.

The pictures of the individual rooms look dark and cramped. The
darkness could be improved with a little bit of picture enhancing (add
brightness AND contrast, at least) , but I think you should re-take
the pictures entirely. Find a friend who's a photo buff that might
have a pretty wide lens to use.

In all your photos we can only see part of the room. Try to get more
of it in. Experiment with what angles make the best impression. Take
the photos with a tripod (or some other support) so you don't need
flash. Remove any interfering foreground objects first, like the table
we see a corner of in the living room photo.

You should also remove as much bric-a-brac as possible, both for the
pictures and the showing. Even people who may fill the house with
their own photos and trophies don't want to see yours.

Good luck!

Greg Guarino
Doug Kanter

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

xrongor wrote:

im with the 'buy it as is' people here, unless its absolutely ungodly

which

i doubt it is..

but if i were going to do it, i would put a coat of white primer over
everything and sell it as 'ready to paint whatever color(s) you want'.
primer is cheaper than paint, has a better chance of sticking, and will
cover enough to prep it for the paint that will come.

randy

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the

house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I'll accept comments about this. I left color selection to her but it
seems I should have had some input here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=235781&page=1

If you're referring to the mention of Texas in that news story, that

would
only have an effect on dumb people who don't understand how diseases

work.

Holy crap. That was a website I sent to my wife. I posted the wrong
website. Damn. I hate growing old.

http://www.densarco.org/home

Sorry

There's the problem. That shrub to the right of the door needs a little bit
of a trim.

~Zaitsev

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Greg. Moving the furniture will be easy. 90% of it has already
been moved out to MD. )

#4 might be especially important if American Standard is in the same
category as Goodman equipment. I'd never heard of Goodman until I looked at
this house. Inquiries turned up many similar answers: "It's OK. It's
contractor-grade stuff". Or, "usually installed by people who know they're
leaving the house soon. Otherwise, they'd install Trane or Carrier". Whether
this is true or not, you have to deal with peoples' impressions.

The satellite dish is located on the beam on the back porch. Holes in
the roof make me nervous too.

Pools, I'm told, are a plus. And it was for me, too, when we bought it.

Trees have been trimmed. I do that annually. Driving around I notice
most homes have taller trees with limbs overhanging roof, provided they
are above the roof and not within 3 or 4 feet of roof itself.

I'll have the warranties out when they come in. I'm always here when it
shows. It's transferrable and only 15 months old.

Thanks.
Oscar_Lives

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Edwin Pawlowski

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

I'm always here when it
shows.

That can be part of the problem. Get out of there and let the realtor do
their work. Buys don't want the owner hanging around when they talk about
the plusses and minuses of the house.

MC

wrong, the military will buy back houses under certain conditions.

My father in-law returned to work for the miltiary (he is retired), However
in a more civilian manamgnent position. They bought his home in Stockton
Calf for him to move.

May be different being called back to active duty and may depend on rank,
But I would check to see if being called back to active duty after
retirement would be considered. And go higher than the paper pushers and see
what your options are.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Tom Baker wrote:

~Zaitsev wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

I checked on that. Seems the Public Health Service does that but the
military doesn't.

~Zaitsev

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

I'm always here when it
shows.

That can be part of the problem. Get out of there and let the realtor do
their work. Buys don't want the owner hanging around when they talk about
the plusses and minuses of the house.

I don't walk around with them. I go into the backyard with my dogs,
which could be part of the problem but that's the way it goes.

Noisy wife .. T i m UK diy 53 April 5th 04 09:59 AM
How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1 NoNameAtAll Woodworking 113 February 28th 04 08:47 PM
Contractor has to see you AND the wife???? Jarkat2002 Home Repair 76 August 23rd 03 04:00 AM
wife offered membership; why not me bob Woodworking 12 July 20th 03 11:53 AM