~Zaitsev

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
. ..

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.
~Zaitsev

MC wrote:

You sure that is per month on the proerty taxes?

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

While that's an option, and the house payment is about $690/mo. The
property taxes are $450/mo.

$5100/yr. Do the math.
~Zaitsev

MC wrote:

wrong, the military will buy back houses under certain conditions.

My father in-law returned to work for the miltiary (he is retired), However
in a more civilian manamgnent position. They bought his home in Stockton
Calf for him to move.

May be different being called back to active duty and may depend on rank,
But I would check to see if being called back to active duty after
retirement would be considered. And go higher than the paper pushers and see
what your options are.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Tom Baker wrote:

~Zaitsev wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

I checked on that. Seems the Public Health Service does that but the
military doesn't.

Wrong. Military at Lackland and my congressman said no. Civilians yes.
Military no. Period.
Pick

~Zaitsev wrote in
:

MC wrote:

wrong, the military will buy back houses under certain conditions.

My father in-law returned to work for the miltiary (he is retired),
However in a more civilian manamgnent position. They bought his home
in Stockton Calf for him to move.

May be different being called back to active duty and may depend on
rank, But I would check to see if being called back to active duty
after retirement would be considered. And go higher than the paper
pushers and see what your options are.

Wrong. Military at Lackland and my congressman said no. Civilians yes.
Military no. Period.

~Zaitsev is correct. There is currently no program to buy back houses from
military members. Congress thought about it for about a minute this year
and did nothing. In addition, the program for buyback of civilian employees
is very limited.

Pick
bumtracks

listed a house
As Is - Non-negotiable Divorce Sale.

Sold it same day it appeared in MLS Ad. Full Price!

Art

OK..... mortagage rates are going up so you may have to take a hit. Also,
be aware that some people will not consider a house with a pool. At least
that is true in NY and NC where I've spent most my time.

Are you making it hard for potential buyers? Like requiring 24 hours notice
before showing or not using a lockbox. Make sure you make showing the house
easy. Keep lights on so the house looks bright. Double check the MLS ad to
make sure it is accurate including number of bathrooms, square feet, etc.
Remember people do computerized searches and if it is not accurately entered
the house will not come up in a search. Looks like a bargain compared to
Raleigh NC.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
Oscar_Lives wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750
paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the
house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

~Zaitsev

kalanamak wrote:

~Zaitsev wrote:

I'd appreciate any suggestions which could sell this place.

Thanks

That page says FSBO. Have you MLS listed it? Out here there are firms
that will do that for a small fee.
Are the schools good ones? Can you put in any info about them? (Out here
the %ile on the state's standardized tests are in some fliers, as are
the teacher to student ratio, if either of them is good.)
I had a house that lingered and lingered, and suddenly the people who
found it just perfect popped up.
Does it smell nice? A musty smell, which you may be accustomed to, or
you may have allergies, or smoke, will turn people off immediately. I'd
get another set of nostrils in there to give an honest assessment.
HTH
blacksalt

It's an old website. I've listed it with Century 21.
Dorot29701

Pack up everything but the bare essentials and put them in public storage.
Your rooms have too much "stuff" in them. Even large rooms look cramped if
there is too much furniture or bric-a-brac. Pack away as many clothes as
possible so the closets look bigger. After all that, you can think about
painting.

Be sure it is clean. This is very important. If it's not really spotless,
people look at it and start to wonder what else was neglected they can't see.

Jim

Tom Baker wrote:
~Zaitsev wrote in message ...

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

That program only applies in limited situations like a base closure.
Chuck

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:26:35 GMT, ~Zaitsev
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

I'm always here when it
shows.

That can be part of the problem. Get out of there and let the realtor do
their work. Buys don't want the owner hanging around when they talk about
the plusses and minuses of the house.

I don't walk around with them. I go into the backyard with my dogs,
which could be part of the problem but that's the way it goes.

Being available,, for unexpected questions, but out of the way so they
and speak among themselves... that's a good thing.

Having the list like you have on the web page, of when this or that
was installed along with a few photos. Stack of these left on table so
they can take one with them is nice.

They say no matter the color of carpet or interior walls, you're prone
to pick a color that is not "perfect" in the buyers eyes... BUT a
color that's other than white can cause a normal sized room look
small..
(in other words, painting a perfectly clean white or offwhite room you
may not get your money back for that... but a nasty, or purple-green
room may be worth the money to paint)
I personally don't care for the blue in the photo of the kitchen due
to it drawing attention to the size of the kitchen... makes it look
smaller. Also I'd prefer lighter color (white) with the stained wood
trim. THAT's what I dislike the most... the blue with the brown trim.
DON'T paint perfectly good wood trim...

Person I sold my last house to was a nurse,, She had perfectly
gorgeous stained chair rail, crown molding, kitchen cabnets painted
white.... (I went back for a visit..) Looked like a can of white
paint had exploded in there. This was den dining room and
kitchen...Oh she did this to window trim too...
Nice large stained mantle over fireplace,,, she had that painted white
too..... about cried...
You could light the whole den/ dining area with a 7 watt night lite
bulb.
To each their own...

Chuck

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:27:53 GMT, ~Zaitsev
wrote:

MC wrote:

You sure that is per month on the proerty taxes?

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Red Neckerson wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.

She end up at Pax???

Why not rent the house out?

While that's an option, and the house payment is about $690/mo. The
property taxes are $450/mo.

$5100/yr. Do the math.

That's as bad as the northeast....
That would be hard for me to take... But if someone is forced to live
in the area.. they'll have to pay it... unless there's options across
the county line....
MC

Maybe that is the difference, My father in-law did not resume active duty,
just working with them in a civilian role, He is about 70 now, If you can
say being on the golf course half the time with the brass is work !

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Tom Baker wrote:

~Zaitsev wrote in message

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the

house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I remember the military having a program to "buy" houses from folks in
your position.
Check with Family Services or what ever they call it these days.
TB

I checked on that. Seems the Public Health Service does that but the
military doesn't.

Wrong. Military at Lackland and my congressman said no. Civilians yes.
Military no. Period.

MC

The postion my father in-law works in the civilian role and the rank at
which he retired and all the brass he knows is sure to have had something to
do with them buying his house, and paid to move him.

One point is however, I run accross many people you get out of the military
not really knowing all the benifits they can get. Depends on the service,
rank, etc. However everyone who has had military duty should check into what
all the benifits are. Some may be entitled to VA benifits is serverd during
conflicts even if not retired, education benifits, etc.

I got spoiled being able to access some of the nicer commesary and PX on the
base near here so when I no longer had access priveledges I drag my mother
out there to shop sometimes since she still has access (father also retired
military). Just wish I would have made a carreer of it then, I could be
retired by now, almost retire from a civilian job too coming up in a few
years.

MC

"Pick" wrote in message
~Zaitsev wrote in
:

MC wrote:

[...]

bl

Chuck wrote:

$5100/yr. Do the math.

That's as bad as the northeast....

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ...

That property tax is in Texas - and Texas doesn't have an income tax.
So they raise money through property taxes.

In the northeast, you get to pay both.

Back to the original poster - are other comparable homes in the
neighborhood selling?
Greg O

"Chuck" wrote in message

Person I sold my last house to was a nurse,, She had perfectly
gorgeous stained chair rail, crown molding, kitchen cabnets painted
white.... (I went back for a visit..) Looked like a can of white
paint had exploded in there. This was den dining room and
kitchen...Oh she did this to window trim too...
Nice large stained mantle over fireplace,,, she had that painted white
too..... about cried...
You could light the whole den/ dining area with a 7 watt night lite
bulb.
To each their own...

A few years back I went over to visit A fellow I worked with. Walked into
his NEW house and the railngs for his stairway were gone. I asked what was
the deal, and he brought me to the basement, where the parts of the railings
were. He had completely disassembled the railing, and was painting
everything white, his solid oak railing, balisters, everything, white!
What can you say?!
I could never understand why he had disassembled it all, let alone paint it!
Greg

Greg G

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:27:18 GMT, ~Zaitsev
wrote:

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next
door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly
2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone
entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real
estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come
down anywhere.

Greg Guarino
Chuck

wrote:

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next
door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly
2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone
entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real
estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come
down anywhere.

Greg Guarino

I think he means.. asking 15K less than value... not less than he
paid..
Chuck

wrote:

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

Ignore the realtor and the hell with the allowance. Let them buy the
house
as is.

"Art" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

I would ignore the real estate agent. Instead I would offer a $750 paint
allowance to the buyer.

"~Zaitsev" wrote in message
.. .

painted walls a light blue. Now she's in MD and I'm selling the house.
Realtor said paint them white.

Is there really a paint that will cover this stuff in one coat?

Please help....time is of the essence.

thanks.

I've taken that approach for 3 months. Nothing. Getting a little
desperate. Maintaining two households for this period of time is
straining the pocket book.

Military should take that into consideration when transferring people.

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

Ignore Oscar..
He sometimes posts 4 or 5 times in one night in reference to someone
saying they have a problem with their "hot water heater" Saying
they're crazy to heat water that's already hot...
Planters, Fisher etc don't have all the nuts in the world...some of
them are loose on the internet...
Chuck....
Chuck

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:08:46 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

OAK? !... man..
Well,,, that's one of those things.. it belongs to you,, do with it
what you wish...
BUT ANYONE who paints perfectly good wood or nice looking brick or
rock wall / fireplace should have to display some sort of bumper
sticker so the rest of us will know to steer clear...
Chuck...
~Zaitsev

wrote:

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next
door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly
2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone
entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real
estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come
down anywhere.

Greg Guarino

You're fortunate. San Antonio does not appear to be a money town. The
only people who think the property values here are skyrockeing is the
Tax Assessor.

I've appealed but they don't even give you the courtesy of an
acknowledgement letter. Never heard from them.

~Zaitsev

Rescate wrote:

.....is a total airhead idiot !

If you're referring to my wife.....she gets it from her mother.
~Zaitsev

bl wrote:

Chuck wrote:

$5100/yr. Do the math.

That's as bad as the northeast....

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ...

That property tax is in Texas - and Texas doesn't have an income tax. So
they raise money through property taxes.

In the northeast, you get to pay both.

Back to the original poster - are other comparable homes in the
neighborhood selling?

Actually the property tax is around $1900. It's the pirates at the
school district who take the rest.
~Zaitsev

wrote:

[...]

My wife's a nurse too. Unfortunately she has her mother's taste in
colors. I do wish she had repainted before she PCS'd to MD. Would have
made it easier for me.

Oh well, one room at a time. I have painted the stair wall and wet-bar
area white instead of that dark blue show in the picture.

Next...the family room.
Greg O

"Chuck" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:08:46 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Chuck" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Yup! He was quite proud of it all to. I did not know what to say, I was just
dumb founded by it all!
Greg

kalanamak

Doug Kanter wrote:

Invite 3 friends who don't have dogs. Ask them if the place smells like
dogs. If so, make allowances in the selling price for replacement of all
carpets. Dog owners usually don't notice how disgusting those animals smell.

It depends on the dog, and how it is cared for. Every third visitor asks
how it is my house doesn't smell of dog. I tell them about my mother's
comment about my pets: "They are better fed, better groomed and better
disciplined than most of the children in the world."
blacksalt
but I agree on the nose test, although if it is for dog, the best thing
to do is run the vacuum. Carpets loaded with dog smell permanently alter
vacuum cleaners, IME

Tracey

"Chuck" wrote in message
I personally don't care for the blue in the photo of the kitchen due

to it drawing attention to the size of the kitchen... makes it look
smaller. Also I'd prefer lighter color (white) with the stained wood
trim. THAT's what I dislike the most... the blue with the brown trim.
DON'T paint perfectly good wood trim...

And the main thing that I saw in the pictures that I disliked was all that
dark wood trim.
To each his own :-) When we bought our house, among the first improvements
we made were changing out the dark hollowcore doors with white six panel
doors and painting all the dark brown trim white. It made the whole house
look much brighter and bigger. We also painted every white wall in the
house a different color.

I wouldn't have cared WHAT color the walls in the house were when we bought
it. Painting each room a different (not white) color was a given for us.

The OP's blue walls didn't bother me in the least.

Greg G

wrote:

Don't be so greedy. Lower your asking price by at least 20%.

Greedy, my ass. I'm losing money now...by 15K.

I can only guess that means you haven't been there very long. My next
door neighbors just sold their house (identical to mine) for roughly
2.4 times what we paid for ours 6 years ago. Things have gone
entirely nuts around here (Queens, NY, part of NY City) as far as real
estate goes, but I'm surprised to hear that prices have actually come
down anywhere.

Greg Guarino

You're fortunate. San Antonio does not appear to be a money town. The
only people who think the property values here are skyrockeing is the
Tax Assessor.

More fortunate than people in the opposite condition, to be sure. But
all the OTHER houses around here have gone up just as much, so it's
not like it's real money, unless I plan to move out of the city
entirely.

Greg Guarino

~Zaitsev

Doug Kanter wrote:

Invite 3 friends who don't have dogs. Ask them if the place smells like
dogs. If so, make allowances in the selling price for replacement of all
carpets. Dog owners usually don't notice how disgusting those animals smell.

I don't think the dogs are a problem...odor wise. Some people have
commented on them just being there, but I just told them the dogs go
with me....not the house.

Also have them with collars that give a mild shock when they bark so
they aren't that noisy when we're in the backyard. I don't know if I
even need the collars now since they don't bark that much anymore.

They're also limited to areas of the downstairs with ceramic tile on the
floors. The floors are scrubbed daily with vinegar water.
~Zaitsev

Dorot29701 wrote:

Pack up everything but the bare essentials and put them in public storage.
Your rooms have too much "stuff" in them. Even large rooms look cramped if
there is too much furniture or bric-a-brac. Pack away as many clothes as
possible so the closets look bigger. After all that, you can think about
painting.

Be sure it is clean. This is very important. If it's not really spotless,
people look at it and start to wonder what else was neglected they can't see.

Better than that. The movers have taken all but those bare essentials
to Maryland.

Noisy wife .. T i m UK diy 53 April 5th 04 10:59 AM
How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1 NoNameAtAll Woodworking 113 February 28th 04 09:47 PM
Contractor has to see you AND the wife???? Jarkat2002 Home Repair 76 August 23rd 03 05:00 AM
wife offered membership; why not me bob Woodworking 12 July 20th 03 12:53 PM