Shrek

Default Honeywell CT3600 Thermostat Questions

I have a hydro-air system and I need a few questions answered for the correct
setup of the Ct3600 for my system

The system is a Oil Boiler (Weil-McLain) with hydro air (hot water pumped to an
air handler coli which a fan blows over to deliver hot air thru the house)

2 Questions:

For this type of system, what should the E-F switch be set to? According to the
honeywell web site, it should be E, but they refer to this system as a "Fan
Forced Hot Water" system. Is this the same as a Hydro-Air system?
This is the note on the Honeywell site :

"This type of system should place the E-F switch to the E position. This means
that the fan will come on immediately with a call for heating because the
thermostat is controlling the fan. "

Also, what should I set the System Type to? My options are

1 - Gravity or steam system
3 - Hot water, high efficiency furnace (90 % or better), or single stage heat
pump
6 = Gas or oil forced air furnace
9 = Electric furnace

The Honeywell help line, which BTW is manned in India, tech told me I need to
know what my system cycle time is and then set it accordingly. How do I find
this out?

Thxs
David Efflandt

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:11:05 GMT, Shrek wrote:
I have a hydro-air system and I need a few questions answered for the correct
setup of the Ct3600 for my system

The system is a Oil Boiler (Weil-McLain) with hydro air (hot water pumped to an
air handler coli which a fan blows over to deliver hot air thru the house)

2 Questions:

For this type of system, what should the E-F switch be set to? According to the
honeywell web site, it should be E, but they refer to this system as a "Fan
Forced Hot Water" system. Is this the same as a Hydro-Air system?
This is the note on the Honeywell site :

"This type of system should place the E-F switch to the E position. This means
that the fan will come on immediately with a call for heating because the
thermostat is controlling the fan. "

It depends whether the water stays warm and the thermostat controls the
fan (E), or if the thermostat controls the boiler, and the fan comes by
itself when the water gets warm (F).

Also, what should I set the System Type to? My options are

1 - Gravity or steam system
3 - Hot water, high efficiency furnace (90 % or better), or single stage heat
pump
6 = Gas or oil forced air furnace
9 = Electric furnace

Those numbers actually refer to cycles per hour. A system that heats
quicker (water stays warm and just controls the fan), can use a higher
number (6). A system that takes awhile to heat up and/or radiates heat
longer would use a lower number (3).

I have a similar CT3500 on steam (5-1-1 instead of 7 day). I should have
gotten the CT3600 which can log how long your heating system runs, so you
can tell how effective setback is.
NewGuy

I have CT3500 thermostat. As it looks like you know a lot about
thermostats, would you know what "feature 37" is on this thermostat? This is
one of setable features on thermostat that defaults to 0 and I could not
find anywhere what it does.

Thanks

"David Efflandt" wrote in message
[...]

Shrek

Dave,
I dug up some literature ffor my systems that was resting on top of the air
handler.

My thermo hooks into a Masterol Mini-Zone Control Panel (model MM-2)
This is what the documentation has to say about a Hydro-Air system

"Using the Mini-Zone for this is similar to controlling a warm air furance
except a zone valve or cirulator is wired to the W heating terminal on the
panel.
The MM-3 Zone panel is recommended with a Hydro-Air system, even when using
only 2 zones. The MM-3 has a Gh terminal that activates tge fan with a call for
heat. If the MM-2 zone panel is used an Aquastat would be required to activate
the fan."

What this bit of information, do you have a guess on what the E-F switch should
be set to?

(David Efflandt) wrote:

[...]

David Efflandt

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:18:12 -0500, NewGuy wrote:
I have CT3500 thermostat. As it looks like you know a lot about
thermostats, would you know what "feature 37" is on this thermostat? This is
one of setable features on thermostat that defaults to 0 and I could not
find anywhere what it does.

I misplaced the manual, but downloaded it. For the CT3500 it just says
"Factory Set Function (Feature Number 37), Do not change this setting." I
do not know what it is for, but zero is the default setting.
David Efflandt

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:36:33 GMT, Shrek wrote:
Dave,
I dug up some literature ffor my systems that was resting on top of the air
handler.

My thermo hooks into a Masterol Mini-Zone Control Panel (model MM-2)
This is what the documentation has to say about a Hydro-Air system

"Using the Mini-Zone for this is similar to controlling a warm air furance
except a zone valve or cirulator is wired to the W heating terminal on the
panel.
The MM-3 Zone panel is recommended with a Hydro-Air system, even when using
only 2 zones. The MM-3 has a Gh terminal that activates tge fan with a call for
heat. If the MM-2 zone panel is used an Aquastat would be required to activate
the fan."

What this bit of information, do you have a guess on what the E-F switch should
be set to?

If it works like a furnace, where the thermostat triggers a zone valve or
boiler, and a temperature sensor or Aquastat triggers the fan when water
gets hot, it would likely be "F". "E" would only be used if the water is
always warm (or for electric heat that heats up immediately).

--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored
http://www.de-srv.com/