Dr B

Default Bosch dishwasher drains constantly

My Bosch dishwasher model shu4302uc6 is stuck on the drain portion
of the cycle.
The timer (electronic, no dial) says "clean" but the pump motor still
runs. The float is not stuck, but
there is no voltage at the float switch. I have checked several DIY
repair sites, but to no avail.
The Bosch website is no help, either.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
jeff

Dr B wrote in message .net...
My Bosch dishwasher model shu4302uc6 is stuck on the drain portion
of the cycle.
The timer (electronic, no dial) says "clean" but the pump motor still
runs. The float is not stuck, but
there is no voltage at the float switch. I have checked several DIY
repair sites, but to no avail.
The Bosch website is no help, either.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Any water in the base?

Certainly *sounds* like the float is stuck in the over filled position
or possible a bad float switch.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Dr B

jeff wrote:
Dr B wrote in message .net...

My Bosch dishwasher model shu4302uc6 is stuck on the drain portion
of the cycle.
The timer (electronic, no dial) says "clean" but the pump motor still
runs. The float is not stuck, but
there is no voltage at the float switch. I have checked several DIY
repair sites, but to no avail.
The Bosch website is no help, either.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Any water in the base?

Certainly *sounds* like the float is stuck in the over filled position
or possible a bad float switch.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi Jeff
The pump removes all the water from the tub, and continues to run.
If I pour a gallon or so of water into the tub, it is promptly pumped out.
I have the side panel off of the machine, and can see that the float
moves just fine.
The switch has continuity. There is no voltage at the switch terminals when
the machine is on and the pump is running.
There is a very small amount of water in the base, but not enough
to move the float rod.
Everything seems to be working as it should, but the pump still
runs.
What am I missing here?

jeff

Dr B wrote in message hlink.net...
Hi Jeff
The pump removes all the water from the tub, and continues to run.
If I pour a gallon or so of water into the tub, it is promptly pumped out.
I have the side panel off of the machine, and can see that the float
moves just fine.
The switch has continuity. There is no voltage at the switch terminals when
the machine is on and the pump is running.
There is a very small amount of water in the base, but not enough
to move the float rod.
Everything seems to be working as it should, but the pump still
runs.
What am I missing here?

Hi,

Remove that water from the base. No power will often show at the
switch as many of the switches are on the neutral side.

This may help...
http://www.thermador.com/replacement...ting-guide.pdf

Acrobat Reader required to view and the link should be all one line.

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
Geo

I have the same problem, but from this message, it is not clear on how
to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Appliance Repair Aid

Geo wrote:
I have the same problem, but from this message, it is not clear on

how
to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Model# is?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Any water in the base?

Certainly *sounds* like the float is stuck in the over filled position
or possible a bad float switch.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Geo

Yes, you were correct. After futher investigating the problem and
reading the detailed service information on your link, I noticed water
in the base. I sponged out the water and the dishwasher reverted back
to its normal working condition. I *think* the problem was a bad water
fill value. After I removed the water from the base, I turned on the
water and it would not stop running and flooded my kitchen. Good thing
I was monitoring the dishwasher. After quickly turning off the water,
I removed the fill valve and found that I could blow air through it
when removed ... not good. I checked the resistance and it read 1K
ohms ... good. Something must have gotten stuck in the valve. I
replaced the valve and now everything seems to run fine. I got real
lucky since we sometimes run the dishwasher at night. If it got stuck
then, out house would have been flooded.
Thanks again for posting the service manual.

-Geo

Appliance Repair Aid

G'day,

Good catch on the fill valve!!

Thankx for the update
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Junior Member

Angry

Hi, I'm having the same issue but seems more stubborn! My DW is 6 years old.

The panel lights flash in a strange way (the same way every time I turn power on, though) and the drain pump runs continually even when the door is open, as long as the power button is "on".

I removed the side panel and confirmed:
- no water in the flood pan
- floats are clean and moving normally
- manually pushed the pump switch on and off and still pump is running.

Bosch Model # SHX46A05UC / 38

please help! this is my 3rd appliance breakdown this week!

-Chris

Last edited by Mr. C : January 15th 13 at 06:42 PM

bosch dishwasher question/problem Ace Home Repair 9 September 22nd 04 02:30 AM
Bosch Dishwasher lower door seal Nigel Jones UK diy 1 September 1st 04 10:46 PM
Bosch Dishwasher ClaudCar Home Repair 4 August 12th 04 02:09 AM
Bosch dishwasher no draining timegoesby UK diy 5 February 18th 04 11:51 AM