Geo

Yes, you were correct. After futher investigating the problem and
reading the detailed service information on your link, I noticed water
in the base. I sponged out the water and the dishwasher reverted back
to its normal working condition. I *think* the problem was a bad water
fill value. After I removed the water from the base, I turned on the
water and it would not stop running and flooded my kitchen. Good thing
I was monitoring the dishwasher. After quickly turning off the water,
I removed the fill valve and found that I could blow air through it
when removed ... not good. I checked the resistance and it read 1K
ohms ... good. Something must have gotten stuck in the valve. I
replaced the valve and now everything seems to run fine. I got real
lucky since we sometimes run the dishwasher at night. If it got stuck
then, out house would have been flooded.
Thanks again for posting the service manual.

-Geo