Jonathan Mau

Default Concrete pour - temperature concerns

Hi Guys:

I have all my forms and reinforcing materials in place for a garage floor
and a shed foundation. Now I just need to find someone to do the place
and finish. I am having trouble here. I can't see wanting to have a go
at this myself for the $500 it would save, but if I can't find anyone to
do it for me ...

Anyhow the temperatures around here these days are about 45 F daytime high
and 25 night time low. This varies alot as it doesn't freeze every night.
At what point am I beat for this year? I don't think I want to leave
everything as is until the spring as things will probably move over the
winter. I suppose I could buy some straw and insulate after the pour, but
that is more trouble for me and I am allergic to it?

Any advice on my hoped for late season pour?

Thanks

Jonathan
default

Any advice on my hoped for late season pour?

25 F is fairly low temperatures even for a pour with
antifreeze in it. I think you're probably looking at
heating the garage for a fortnight, if you really want
this done now.

Jonathan Mau

Jonathan Mau ) writes:
Hi Guys:

I have all my forms and reinforcing materials in place for a garage floor
and a shed foundation. Now I just need to find someone to do the place
and finish. I am having trouble here. I can't see wanting to have a go
at this myself for the $500 it would save, but if I can't find anyone to
do it for me ...

Hello again:

Thanks for the comments guys. I found out why I can't get anyone to do
this job any time soon: Hunting season starts Monday. I am new to rural
living but apparently regular life shuts down for 2 weeks. Looks like I
have 2 or 3 weeks to find some straw to insulate after the pour.

Jonathan

CH - alpha pumps FrancisJK UK diy 45 September 23rd 04 08:06 PM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Square steel tubing embedded in concrete: Info/Help?? Terry King Metalworking 4 July 18th 03 04:23 AM