h2

Default Tool Name????

hi all, can anyone tell me the trade name of the tool that fits
the type of screw that LOOKS like a torqx, but has a small stud in the
middle of the head??? have come across this in a couple of parts i'm
working on, any info appreciated

pax,
h2

Grandpa Koca

http://beehome.info/sendword.php?st_drive_1

--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

bentley wolfe

"h2" wrote in message

hi all, can anyone tell me the trade name of the tool that fits
the type of screw that LOOKS like a torqx, but has a small stud in the
middle of the head??? have come across this in a couple of parts i'm
working on, any info appreciated

I needed these to repair the ignition on my minivan. It was interesting
to me how unsecure they are. Walk into NAPA, ask for a secure torx and
five minutes later I'm done..

--
Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia
Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, BIKETRIAL MIDWEST
Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org
http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org http://www.megamousa.com
Retiredff

h2 wrote:
hi, thanx

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:48:01 -0400, "Brian V"
wrote:

It's called a security torx,

Before spending the money, try to knock the pin out of the screw head.
Sometimes, a small screwdriver can do it. Or, a small punch and hammer.

Richard J Kinch

h2 writes:

hi all, can anyone tell me the trade name of the tool that fits
the type of screw that LOOKS like a torqx, but has a small stud in the
middle of the head??? have come across this in a couple of parts i'm
working on, any info appreciated

You can get a Chinese import hex-drive set of every kind of security bit in
history for a few bucks. They're all over eBay.