Dan

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:07:14 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Hey, at least we don't drive around with loud speakers five times a day
blaring out the prayer call. And we don't behead folks.

Well, you might read up on the Mountain Meadows massacre. I don't
recall they beheaded them, but dead is dead. And blaming it on
Indians wasn't all that cool either.
mark

Anyway, got to go now. Chthulhu gets cranky
if I don't sacrifice by midnight, and you
do *not* want to see him when he's cranky.
--
Rob.

Aiiaaa! Aiiiaa! Shub Niggarath! The goat with a thousand young!

Beware the yellow priest

Abe

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

------------------------
Why would I need to learn more about myself if I'm already all
knowing?

When you send a message, make sure it applies to me also. Trust me,
you don't want to be wasting my time.

YoJimbo

In article ,
says...

Hey, at least we don't drive around with loud speakers five times a day
blaring out the prayer call. And we don't behead folks.
Christopher A. Young

Q: What do you get when you cross a Mormon with an atheist?
A: Somebody who knocks on your door for no reason...

Stormin Mormon

Have you got anything more recent?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

Hey, at least we don't drive around with loud speakers five times a day
blaring out the prayer call. And we don't behead folks.

Well, you might read up on the Mountain Meadows massacre. I don't
recall they beheaded them, but dead is dead. And blaming it on
Indians wasn't all that cool either.

Stormin Mormon

I can't remember the stats, but only about 50% of Utah is Mormons. The other
half don't seem to be too upset about it.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Chas" wrote in message
news "Stormin Mormon" wrote
Hey, at least we don't drive around with loud speakers five times a day
blaring out the prayer call.

You've got a point there.
Of course there are those guys on Temple Square.

And we don't behead folks.

Anymore.
Maybe.
Of course, dressing up in costume and waylaying people by the side of the
road is still very popular- and Porter Rockwell's legacy is alive and well.
It's dangerous to pass through Mormon country if you're gentile; and
dangerous to stay there if you don't toe the Saint's line.
Of course, you can always move to Mexico, hunh?

Chas

Stormin Mormon

What do you get when you cross a JW and an atheist? A guy who goes door to
door but doesn't know why.

How to drive a Unitarian family out of the neighborhood? Burn a question
mark on their front lawn.

What do you get when you cross a dyslexic and a Unitarian? A guy who lays
awake at night trying to decide if there is a dog.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"YoJimbo" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

Hey, at least we don't drive around with loud speakers five times a day
blaring out the prayer call. And we don't behead folks.
Christopher A. Young

Q: What do you get when you cross a Mormon with an atheist?
A: Somebody who knocks on your door for no reason...

Fraser Johnston

"willshak" wrote in message
Shuurai wrote:

anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.

I used to work with a Mormon, and he let me borrow some books that
explained the religion and their version of history. I was amazed
that anyone could actually believe this stuff. Not so much the
spiritual side, but the historical...
It makes just slightly less sense than scientology.

Name any religion that makes any sense.

Atheism.

Fraser

Philip Lewis

"Stormin Mormon" writes:
What do you get when you cross a dyslexic and a Unitarian? A guy who lays
awake at night trying to decide if there is a dog.

No, that's the insomniac dyslexic agnostic.

--
be safe.
flip

Philip Lewis

"mark" writes:
Beware the yellow priest

Yellow priest needs food badly.

--
be safe.
flip
Remove origin of the word spam from address to reply (leave "+")

Stormin Mormon

Only understood through prayer, and witness of the Spirit.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Shuurai" wrote in message
om...
anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.

I used to work with a Mormon, and he let me borrow some books that
explained the religion and their version of history. I was amazed
that anyone could actually believe this stuff. Not so much the
spiritual side, but the historical...

It makes just slightly less sense than scientology.

Stormin Mormon

Yep. Went right over the top of my head.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Karim Rashad" wrote in message
news On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:21:09 +0000, Stormin Mormon wrote:
anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.

The mild sarcasm of the statement below was sort of lost on you, wasn't
it? ;-)

Hey, I know all about Mormons, too. I read "Riders of the Purple Sage".
Looks like not much has changed...

--
Karim Rashad remove SPAMFREE: krashad at SPAMorbisFREEuk dot com

Stormin Mormon

I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on not
praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading scriptures,
and didn't have any commandments to live.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Fraser Johnston" wrote in message

Name any religion that makes any sense.

Atheism.

Fraser

Stormin Mormon

AAAAUUUGGGHHHHH

(screams of pain)

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
du...
"Stormin Mormon" writes:
What do you get when you cross a dyslexic and a Unitarian? A guy who lays
awake at night trying to decide if there is a dog.

No, that's the insomniac dyslexic agnostic.

--
be safe.
flip
Remove origin of the word spam from address to reply (leave "+")

Fraser Johnston

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..
I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on not
praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading scriptures,
and didn't have any commandments to live.

I can't remember meeting you.

Fraser

Dan

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:36:43 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on not
praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading scriptures,
and didn't have any commandments to live.

Atheism is NOT a religion, it is living a life without the need for
such superstitiions. That said, I find religion fascinating and study
it a good deal. It's interesting to learn what makes people behave in
such strange ways. Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.
baker

Dan wrote in
:

wrote:

I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on
not praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading
scriptures, and didn't have any commandments to live.

Atheism is NOT a religion, it is living a life without the need for
such superstitiions. That said, I find religion fascinating and study
it a good deal. It's interesting to learn what makes people behave in
such strange ways. Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.

Amen!

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.
weirdwolf

"Fraser Johnston" wrote in news:2srebhF1nt8b2U1@uni-
berlin.de:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
. ..
I met a very devout atheist. Went nowhere every week. Kept working on

not
praying, and he payed a zero tithe. Tried to keep from reading

scriptures,
and didn't have any commandments to live.

I can't remember meeting you.

Dude ! like I totally remember jim, he was like totally the guy with the
bad haircut and dodgy black suit, we pointed and laughed at!
Just ask him? I'll bet that's a really really good description of him...
;-Þ

Ted
--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.
Chas

"Michael Ozanne" wrote
......Having read through a
selection of chapters I concluded that the Monty Python team had
bundled up all the stuff that was just to silly to go into "The Life
of Brian" and sent it back via a time portal. It even made the Koran
look sensible.

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of
the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land
running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril.
They hate you.
I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up **** to do to you,
do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things done to
them, and they haven't forgotten it at all.
They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia movement;
for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that acts in
the corporate and political world as well.
I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them-
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Chas

Mike Sigman

"Chas" wrote in message
[...]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
**purses lips.... adds "Mormon Conspiracy Theory" to long list of
Chas-isms***

Chas

"Mike Sigman" wrote
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
**purses lips.... adds "Mormon Conspiracy Theory" to long list of
Chas-isms***

They're like a picture in a book for you, aren't they?
So far, I'm the only one in the conversation that has actual experience with
them, or fifty years of dealing with them. I married into a Pioneer Family;
a fundamentalist polygamous enclave.
I got to sit in the Gentile Seat on the Mormon Train a long time ago.

Chas

Michael Ozanne

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:57:16 -0600, "Chas"
wrote:

I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them-
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

So good old Sir Arthur not too far off the mark then?

We need to get them converted to Shorinji Kempo. They'd still be
captives of a bull**** religion, but at least they'd be combat
incapable.......

MUADIB®

Kind of like studying abnormal psychology.

abnormal psychology

Oxymoron?....................Or would it be "normal psycholgy" That's
the oxymoron?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Wayne Dobson

"willshak" wrote in message

Name any religion that makes any sense.

Which part of what religions don't make sense?

--
Wayne
"Aka Dobbie the House Elf."

Karim Rashad

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:31:32 +0000, Wayne Dobson wrote:
Name any religion that makes any sense.

Which part of what religions don't make sense?

For me, the 'God' bit, mostly.

--
Karim Rashad remove SPAMFREE: krashad at SPAMorbisFREEuk dot com

Don Wagner

Badger North wrote:
That would make a lovely gift for any occasion.

They had them at a ren fest I was at in Florida a few years back.
Made out of resin, but done up to look like varnished bone. Pretty
creepy ****.
--Don--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Chas

"Badger North" wrote
Creepier **** - there was a store in Toronto in the 80's that sold
actual human skulls n' stuff (earrings made of phalanges, a walking
stick with the grip made out of a trochanter).

I used a Tibetan skull cup for a cereal bowl for a while- and have a pair of
chopsticks made from human bone still.

Chas

YoJimbo

In article ,
says...

"Shuurai" wrote in message
.com...
anyone says he knows "all about" seldom does.
I used to work with a Mormon, and he let me borrow some books that
explained the religion and their version of history. I was amazed
that anyone could actually believe this stuff. Not so much the
spiritual side, but the historical...
It makes just slightly less sense than scientology.

Only understood through prayer, and witness of the Spirit.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

Yikes, I hate to T-off on the various religious sects because reason ain't
a priority with any of 'em anyway, ay, but the Mormon version of "history"
has to go, Stormin' Mormon.

Let's not kid ourselves this stuff about Joseph Smith discovering a "lost"
scripture and being able to read it suddenly with golden spectacles
represents any kind of factual information.
That's about a lame an origins story as I've ever seen.

Even the Scientologist scam with alien beings involved has more
pizzazz- you Mormons need some aliens to spice this thing up.
The golden specs routine just ain't making it.
JS

Jacob Andersen

"Wayne Dobson" wrote in message
news
"willshak" wrote in message

Name any religion that makes any sense.

Which part of what religions don't make sense?

Most parts of all of them.

/Jacob

Dan

"Chas" wrote in message ...

[...]

Chas-
hi. i'm not disputing the facts of your experience regarding the
polygamous clan you lived among, experiences on the highway with the
uhp, etc. however, i would say that my experiences have differed from
yours. i've lived in utah over a decade, married into a mormon family
(my wife is ex-mormon), i work with mormons, live with mormons, etc.
my wife's family has both strong pioineer and polygamous roots (her
great grandfather's family was in mexico for a bit and they even have
some cool stories about pancho villa). neither of us have ever
experienced nor even heard of some of the views that you mention
above.
i would totally agree with the idea that utah is probably closer
to a theocracy than any state in the union, but in the sense of the
people being very conservative, religious republicans not insane
gentile haters. i would also agree that they have a strong
persecutory complex from their early history and that many of them
believe they have the one true religion.
however, i do not believe that the positions you describe above
are held by the majority of mormons that a person would meet in utah.
rather, they would be an extreme view.
back to lurking...

regards,

dan
Chas

"Dan" wrote
.....i've lived in utah over a decade, married into a mormon family
(my wife is ex-mormon),

Yeah; my wife went Jack too- then returned to the Church later in her life,
very ardent now.

i would totally agree with the idea that utah is probably closer
to a theocracy than any state in the union, but in the sense of the
people being very conservative, religious republicans not insane
gentile haters. i would also agree that they have a strong
persecutory complex from their early history and that many of them
believe they have the one true religion.

Now give them a gun and see what happens.

however, i do not believe that the positions you describe above
are held by the majority of mormons that a person would meet in utah.
rather, they would be an extreme view.

The extreme view is just that- the extreme of a scale that starts from
'neutral'. You don't need to meet but one of the extreme ones, and 'neutral'
isn't available at all.
I'm probably more affrontive to them than you are as well. It's pretty
obvious, from 50 ft. away, that I'm not Mormon- not true with them at all.

Chas

Shuurai

"Chas" wrote in message ...
"Michael Ozanne" wrote
......Having read through a
selection of chapters I concluded that the Monty Python team had
bundled up all the stuff that was just to silly to go into "The Life
of Brian" and sent it back via a time portal. It even made the Koran
look sensible.

Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of
the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land
running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril.

I've been through that strip of land in a car, on a bike, and through parts
of it on foot - met plently of people along the way. Never found there to
be any peril.

They hate you.

Nah, they're just really uptight people.

I mean, they actively sit around and hate you- think up **** to do to you,
do it when they can. There were some terrible and unjustified things done to
them, and they haven't forgotten it at all.

None of the mormons I know are like this. Quite the opposite, most of them
are quite friendly and helpful, often to the point where it's annoying.
Granted I don't know what they talk about in secret but frankly don't care
much either.

They are the basis for the survivalist movement; for the militia movement;
for the separatist movement. They are a huge religious commune that acts in
the corporate and political world as well.

True for every other major religion.

I married into the religion; took instruction, lived/live amongst them-
weirdest white folks you ever met, and thinkin' about you all the time.

Just for future reference, is there any group that *isn't* out to get you?

Chas

"Shuurai" wrote
Now think of the fact that much of our FBI is made up of Mormons; much of
the USSecret Service, USMarshals and so on. They control a strip of land
running from Arizona to Idaho, and you cross it at your peril.

I've been through that strip of land in a car, on a bike, and through
parts
of it on foot - met plently of people along the way. Never found there to
be any peril.

Even a good net has holes in it.

They hate you.

Nah, they're just really uptight people.

What does 'uptight' mean?

Granted I don't know what they talk about in secret but frankly don't care
much either.

Obviously, it doesn't impinge on you much- not so for a lot of other people.

Just for future reference, is there any group that *isn't* out to get you?

I've only identified one group that's 'out to get me', and that's corrupt
government officials here in the Denver area. And I've proven it time and
time again.
If I knew there was a nest of vipers in your path, I'd warn you about them
too.

Chas

Wayne Dobson

"Karim Rashad" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:31:32 +0000, Wayne Dobson wrote:
Name any religion that makes any sense.

Which part of what religions don't make sense?

For me, the 'God' bit, mostly.

Hehehe... Get back to your primordial soup! Heathen! Hehehe...

--
Wayne
"Aka Dobbie the House Elf."

Doug Miller

In article , "Chas" wrote:

I'm probably more affrontive to them than you are as well. It's pretty
obvious, from 50 ft. away, that I'm not Mormon- not true with them at all.

Just curious... how can your religious affiliation (or lack thereof) be
obvious from a distance of fifty feet?
Stormin Mormon

About half the Mormons I know own some form of gun. From what little I know,
Mormons actually have a lower crime rate than the rest of the population.
Not zero, but lower.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus