Dave Gallant

Default Garage Floor Slab Question

Greetings:

I bought my house 2 years ago, but it is 30 years old. I have noticed
that the lip of the concrete slab of the garage floor (where it meets
the ashphalt driveway) is starting to crack and chip. Nothing serious
yet, but I'd like to get on top of this ASAP.

Any advice on how to stop the damage?

Dave

Dave Gallant

Perhaps a poor choice of words. The part that comes out of the garage
to meet the asphalt is shaped like a wedge. The floor angles down
until it meets the outside driveway.

Dave

"B" wrote in message .com...
Lip? My garage floor has no lip, just a smooth transition from concrete to
asphalt. Raise you asphalt to match the garage floor?
-B

"Dave Gallant" wrote in message
om...
Greetings:

I bought my house 2 years ago, but it is 30 years old. I have noticed
that the lip of the concrete slab of the garage floor (where it meets
the asphalt driveway) is starting to crack and chip. Nothing serious
yet, but I'd like to get on top of this ASAP.

Any advice on how to stop the damage?

Dave

Tom Baker

"B" wrote in message .com...
Lip? My garage floor has no lip, just a smooth transition from concrete to
asphalt. Raise you asphalt to match the garage floor?
-B

"Dave Gallant" wrote in message
om...
Greetings:

I bought my house 2 years ago, but it is 30 years old. I have noticed
that the lip of the concrete slab of the garage floor (where it meets
the ashphalt driveway) is starting to crack and chip. Nothing serious
yet, but I'd like to get on top of this ASAP.

Any advice on how to stop the damage?

Dave

Raising the outside surface to match the inside is likely to allow
water flow into the garage.

O.P. needs to provide a better description of the size and kind of
chipping & cracking.

TB
willshak

Dave Gallant wrote:

Perhaps a poor choice of words. The part that comes out of the garage
to meet the asphalt is shaped like a wedge. The floor angles down
until it meets the outside driveway.

I call mine the 'apron'.
I have some underground springs under my driveway and have a problem
with the asphalt heaving during the winter to where there is a 1" to 1
1/2" high lip at the joint between the asphalt and concrete apron. My
apron does not chip, but the edge of the asphalt does chip off, though.

Dave

"B" wrote in message .com...

Lip? My garage floor has no lip, just a smooth transition from concrete to
asphalt. Raise you asphalt to match the garage floor?
-B

.com...