Mike Dobony

Default Garage Door Opener question

I have a Craftsman garage door opener and have a remote that quit working.
Yes, the batteries are good, per battery tester and swapping batteries with
the other remote. It has the roving codes and has the 3 button remote with
the beige buttons. A new remote is $40. It seems to be the same opener
that Chamberlain makes. Does anybody know if the 850CD or 750CB Chamberlain
remotes would work with this opener? They are only about $17 on sale now
locally. Thanks.

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

---

Mike Dobony wrote:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener and have a remote that quit working.
Yes, the batteries are good, per battery tester and swapping batteries with
the other remote. It has the roving codes and has the 3 button remote with
the beige buttons. A new remote is $40. It seems to be the same opener
that Chamberlain makes. Does anybody know if the 850CD or 750CB Chamberlain
remotes would work with this opener? They are only about $17 on sale now
locally. Thanks.

--
Mike D.

Make sure that no object(s) are sitting in front of the safety beam.

Mike Dobony

wrote in message ...
Mike Dobony wrote:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener and have a remote that quit

working.
Yes, the batteries are good, per battery tester and swapping batteries

with
the other remote. It has the roving codes and has the 3 button remote

with
the beige buttons. A new remote is $40. It seems to be the same opener
that Chamberlain makes. Does anybody know if the 850CD or 750CB

Chamberlain
remotes would work with this opener? They are only about $17 on sale

now
locally. Thanks.

--
Mike D.

Make sure that no object(s) are sitting in front of the safety beam.

One remote works, the other doesn't. That does not affect opening. That
also does not affect resetting the transmitter to work with the receiver.
It does not produce the blinking green light on the receiver.

---

Kent Shaw

Check ebay and find an exact model. There are three basic models and
you have to know which one you have. Some have dip switch settings
(these were made until about 1993), another model is programmed
automatically by your operner, and I believe that latest model has a
new kind of security.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:34:54 -0600, "Mike Dobony"
wrote:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener and have a remote that quit working.
Yes, the batteries are good, per battery tester and swapping batteries with
the other remote. It has the roving codes and has the 3 button remote with
the beige buttons. A new remote is $40. It seems to be the same opener
that Chamberlain makes. Does anybody know if the 850CD or 750CB Chamberlain
remotes would work with this opener? They are only about $17 on sale now
locally. Thanks.

Mike Dobony

"Kent Shaw" wrote in message
Check ebay and find an exact model. There are three basic models and
you have to know which one you have. Some have dip switch settings
(these were made until about 1993), another model is programmed
automatically by your operner, and I believe that latest model has a
new kind of security.

No dip settings and it is not the newest.