Posted to alt.home.repair

Default things we may never do

I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2021 1:39 PM, micky wrote:
I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU

Correct, I'd never do it but sure is nifty, very inventive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 13:39:54 -0400, micky
wrote:

I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU

They are both a lot of work to avoid using the right tool in the first
place.
I am certainly not doing all that crap to sharpen a chain saw when
they will sell you the right stone to do it with a Dremel tool and
that home made table saw thing just looks dangerous.
I do wonder why he didn't just chuck up the bolt in the drill to turn
down the head. It works a lot more uniformly than twisting it in your
fingers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU

They are both a lot of work to avoid using the right tool in the first
place.
I am certainly not doing all that crap to sharpen a chain saw when
they will sell you the right stone to do it with a Dremel tool and
that home made table saw thing just looks dangerous.
I do wonder why he didn't just chuck up the bolt in the drill to turn
down the head. It works a lot more uniformly than twisting it in your
fingers.

I get the impression he is in some place devoid of easily obtained tools
and has much more time than money.

Note that most of the comments are in Russian.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes, I think that's it. He can't just go to Dasha Depot and get the
tool he wants. Though he does make quality video with whatever he's
using.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 1:39:59 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

Until that green stick dries out and comes loose. Making
another one in the middle of trying to sharpen his chain
shouldn't slow him down much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU

With such low power, hell probably only get bruised when the
board kicks back. Never mind, the drill will probably just stall
and burn out.