Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default things we may never do

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 May 2021 23:06:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/27/2021 10:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 13:39:54 -0400, micky
wrote:

I should post a puppy video, probably give everyone a lot more pleasure,
comfort, equanimity, but since this is home.repair, this is what you
get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwd5cdEk04

Even though 99% of the people here will never do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAg7o0l9pBU

They are both a lot of work to avoid using the right tool in the first
place.
I am certainly not doing all that crap to sharpen a chain saw when
they will sell you the right stone to do it with a Dremel tool and
that home made table saw thing just looks dangerous.
I do wonder why he didn't just chuck up the bolt in the drill to turn
down the head. It works a lot more uniformly than twisting it in your
fingers.

I get the impression he is in some place devoid of easily obtained tools
and has much more time than money.

Note that most of the comments are in Russian.

Yes, I think that's it. He can't just go to Dasha Depot and get the
tool he wants. Though he does make quality video with whatever he's
using.