Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Clogged toilet problem

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and at times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of maybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occupant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged. My nephew who was there at the time suggested not to use double ply tissues. I said that cannot be the problem, cause if it was, then how many toilets would be getting clogged continously and the tissue company would be out of business, if its product is the cause of clogged toilets. Now, I have to call another plumber, but how long does the guy have to hang around to make sure its definitely unclogged? I did call the first guy back and he said it would be another charge, no such thing as a follow up. BTW, anyone knows the charge for unclogging? I realize different areas, different charges.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2021 10:18 AM, Joe wrote:

[...]

You may have a problem far down the line. Today they use a camera to
find the problems. I paid about $300 for the guy that did mine. He
showed my the problem in the pipe itself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In Joe writes:

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and a=
t times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an =
outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and=
flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of m=
aybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occu=
pant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged.

Could it be a partial blockage, I dunno, 50 feet down the line? That way
it kind of clears as the water slowly drains past it, but if you
use the toilet a couple of times and it backs up, then yeah, it'll
come all the way back to the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2021 1:41 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In Joe writes:

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and a=
t times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an =
outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and=
flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of m=
aybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occu=
pant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged.

Could it be a partial blockage, I dunno, 50 feet down the line? That way
it kind of clears as the water slowly drains past it, but if you
use the toilet a couple of times and it backs up, then yeah, it'll
come all the way back to the toilet.

Yes, pretty much what I had. Over time it had some buildup at a pipe
joint that shifted and of course it grew. Maybe a stool softener will
buy more time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 10:40:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/20/2021 10:18 AM, Joe wrote:
[...]

I agree, the camera is the way to go. Back in the 90's I had a clog issue
and the camera showed tree roots had grown into the sewer pipe, almost
completely clogging it. I wasn't so happy but the tree was doing
exceptionally well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 May 2021 06:46:22 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Unlikely

LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:41:38 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein posted for all of us
to digest...

In Joe writes:

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and a=
t times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an =
outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and=
flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of m=
aybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occu=
pant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged.

Could it be a partial blockage, I dunno, 50 feet down the line? That way
it kind of clears as the water slowly drains past it, but if you
use the toilet a couple of times and it backs up, then yeah, it'll
come all the way back to the toilet.

Same here, used a camera, pipe broke at house foundation.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 14:33:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

In Joe writes:

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and a=
t times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an =
outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and=
flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of m=
aybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occu=
pant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged.

Could it be a partial blockage, I dunno, 50 feet down the line? That way
it kind of clears as the water slowly drains past it, but if you
use the toilet a couple of times and it backs up, then yeah, it'll
come all the way back to the toilet.

Yes, pretty much what I had. Over time it had some buildup at a pipe
joint that shifted and of course it grew. Maybe a stool softener will
buy more time.

Suppository?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 10:40:56 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/20/2021 10:18 AM, Joe wrote:
[...]

Well after the first attempt, it drained as it should, so that would imply that there was no problem down the line, i would think. BTW, there is no septic tank involved. This is a 2 story townhouse in the city.

Clogged toilet drain Stormin Mormon Home Repair 11 September 12th 06 05:16 AM
Help! Clogged toilet and cant figure out how to unclog it [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 25th 06 02:23 AM
clogged toilet- [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 17th 06 08:52 PM
clogged toilet Redlocks Home Repair 8 December 8th 05 02:20 AM
Toilet is clogged...need homemade tool Julie P. Home Repair 26 January 21st 05 08:26 PM