Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet problem

On 5/20/2021 10:18 AM, Joe wrote:

For the past month, my toilet has been clogged. I 'plunged' it daily, and at times it seemed I had it under control, until I got tired and called an outfit that does that specialty. Unfortunately, after using their tools and flushed one or two times, all seemed well again. He was there a total of maybe 15 minutes. A few hours later, with it not being used by me, solo occupant, until I needed to, I flushed and again it got clogged. My nephew who was there at the time suggested not to use double ply tissues. I said that cannot be the problem, cause if it was, then how many toilets would be getting clogged continously and the tissue company would be out of business, if its product is the cause of clogged toilets. Now, I have to call another plumber, but how long does the guy have to hang around to make sure its definitely unclogged? I did call the first guy back and he said it would be another charge, no such thing as a follow up. BTW, anyone knows the charge for unclogging? I realize different areas, different charges.

You may have a problem far down the line. Today they use a camera to
find the problems. I paid about $300 for the guy that did mine. He
showed my the problem in the pipe itself.