Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Easy-off was sprayed in a Self-Cleaning oven

I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner, like..bad! A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last forever but it looks 💯 percent better. Shined it right up.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-174631-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/21 9:45 AM, Sue A wrote:
I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner, like..bad!* A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last
forever but it looks 💯 percent better. Shined it right up.

Don't feel bad, you're not the first person to refuse to read the owner's manual.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/21 9:45 AM, Sue A wrote:
I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner,
like..bad!* A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil
any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last forever but it
looks 💯 percent better. Shined it right up.

Who cares if the interior of an oven is shiny or not? It's just a
utilitarian cooking tool.

--

A wife got so mad at her husband she packed his bags and told him to get
the hell out. On his way out the door she yelled, I hope you endure a
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/19/2021 07:45 AM, Sue A wrote:
I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner,
like..bad! A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil
any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last forever but it
looks 💯 percent better. Shined it right up.

Get some stove polish. It's normally used on the outside of wood stoves
but it should work on the inside too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 18:23:34 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/19/21 9:45 AM, Sue A wrote:
I ruined my new whirlpool oven with dollar store oven cleaner,
like..bad!* A quick fix I have found is to rub olive oil or mineral oil
any kind, It shined it right back up. Now it won't last forever but it
looks ? percent better. Shined it right up.

Who cares if the interior of an oven is shiny or not? It's just a
utilitarian cooking tool.

The oven inspectors? I can't see inside mine without turning the light on.
But then other people are more particular than me. I was more concerned after
hauling them out after an oven fire to see if it extended to the adjacent areas
and hope you don't have balloon framing...

--
Tekkie