Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get Bentonite clay (Home Depot? Target?)

On Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:52:35 PM UTC-5, LM wrote:
I'd like to get a handful of bentonite clay but am unsure where to get it.
Any suggestions?
I tried Home Depot and Target but they didn't have it in my area.

If you want it for a detox bath, then you can get a pound of it for less than $6 online at a botanical shop of your choice; some have the food grade version for less than $3 per pound.
Natural Grocers has it, but it's overpriced ($13 for 11 oz) and it's designed to be used as a facial scrub.

And as other people have pointed out, it is an ingredient in cat litter - but I wouldn't ingest that!
If you want it in bulk (50 lbs or more), then try landscaping/nurseries, since it is used as a pond liner and as a fertilizer.