Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: What Is This Dell Laptop Feature?

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04:24 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Pull on it - does it release the drive from the drive bay ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2021 10:04 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he*** https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Pushing it should open drive which you may have to pull out a little
further to get in a DVD. I do not have a Dell but looks similar to my HP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

https://www.parts-people.com/blog/20...-installation/

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/21 10:25 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/12/2021 10:04 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he*** https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Pushing it should open drive which you may have to pull out a little
further to get in a DVD.* I do not have a Dell but looks similar to my HP.

Nope, the DVD drawer opening button is to the left of it. It's only
about an inch wide.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:13:45 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he***
https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

https://www.parts-people.com/blog/20...-installation/

*** John T.

Aha!! Thanks.

We both learned something.

My T500 is similar, but it has a little slide-button
that releases the spring-loaded pull-tab :

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Lenovo+...lacement/41043

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 May 2021 11:12:54 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 5/12/21 10:25 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/12/2021 10:04 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he*** https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Pushing it should open drive which you may have to pull out a little
further to get in a DVD.* I do not have a Dell but looks similar to my HP.

Nope, the DVD drawer opening button is to the left of it. It's only
about an inch wide.

Does it eject the laptop from the airplane?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

It is the latch to release the DVD drive from the computer according
to the online manual

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 13 May 2021 13:22:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Does it eject the laptop from the airplane?

Nope just the user.

You really got NOBODY in real life to talk to, eh, you auto-contradicting
sociopath? Who would ever want to talk to an auto-contradicting pest like
you! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

It is the latch to release the DVD drive from the computer according
to the online manual

Curious where and in what manual you found that. I re-read what I saw on
the Dell website several times and didn't see anything!

--
Apparently it's rude to poke someone in the forehead and say Skip
Intro when they start talking to you
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

It is the latch to release the DVD drive from the computer according
to the online manual

Curious where and in what manual you found that. I re-read what I saw on
the Dell website several times and didn't see anything!

It's on a need-to-know basis. If your drive were to break, you'd get
an email.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2021 08:26:11 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

It is the latch to release the DVD drive from the computer according
to the online manual

Curious where and in what manual you found that. I re-read what I saw on
the Dell website several times and didn't see anything!

Sometime they make it hard to find. It may be in the user manual or tech
support. Does yours have a screw?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04:24 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Push it in, it will pop out about a 1/2 inch - wrap your fingers and pull the
drive carrier out.

****** BUT ******** IIRC Make sure the screw is out from the bottom first!

Go to to www.dell.com and enter your service tag and you will find a wealth of
info on your machine. It is on the bottom of the machine and can be brought up
during the boot process.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/21 4:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04:24 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Push it in, it will pop out about a 1/2 inch - wrap your fingers and pull the
drive carrier out.

****** BUT ******** IIRC Make sure the screw is out from the bottom first!

Go to to www.dell.com and enter your service tag and you will find a wealth of
info on your machine. It is on the bottom of the machine and can be brought up
during the boot process.

Did that but couldn't find the info on the website or the manuals.
Problem was solved here though!!

There is no screw on the bottom of my Latitude and following the
recommended procedure allowed the entire DVD to be removed

--
Every time a bird craps on my car, I sit on the front porch eating a
plate of wings to show them what I'm capable of.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2021 08:26:11 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330

It's on page 16 of the user's manual available at
https://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/a...nual_en-us.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330

It's on page 16 of the user's manual available at
https://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/a...nual_en-us.pdf

Thanks. I guess I'd better make an appointment to get my eyeglass
prescription checked.

--
Twenty years of schooling and they put you on the day shift.
- Bob Dylan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2021 18:42:10 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/13/21 4:16 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

[...]

Great, IDT the DVD with can be replaced by a non Dell one. I am often wrong so
I'm glad you accomplished your objective, now if I were so lucky...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 May 2021 09:20:55 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330

It's on page 16 of the user's manual available at
https://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/a...nual_en-us.pdf

Thanks. I guess I'd better make an appointment to get my eyeglass
prescription checked.

Occasional brain fart...

--
Tekkie