Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT: What Is This Dell Laptop Feature?

On Thu, 13 May 2021 18:42:10 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/13/21 4:16 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04:24 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to
digest...

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

Push it in, it will pop out about a 1/2 inch - wrap your fingers and pull the
drive carrier out.

****** BUT ******** IIRC Make sure the screw is out from the bottom first!

Go to to www.dell.com and enter your service tag and you will find a wealth of
info on your machine. It is on the bottom of the machine and can be brought up
during the boot process.

Did that but couldn't find the info on the website or the manuals.
Problem was solved here though!!

There is no screw on the bottom of my Latitude and following the
recommended procedure allowed the entire DVD to be removed

Great, IDT the DVD with can be replaced by a non Dell one. I am often wrong so
I'm glad you accomplished your objective, now if I were so lucky...

--
Tekkie