Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default OT: What Is This Dell Laptop Feature?

On 5/12/21 10:02 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:04:24 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Dell Latitude E6330, lower right corner of DVD drive to right of the
drawer opening button and emergency opening hole.

This push in/push out drawer comes out about half an inch. Nothing
inside it, doesn't seem to do anything, no reference to it in owner's
manual or on Dell support site.

So what is it?

Picture he https://imgur.com/a/I9s4vgY

It is the latch to release the DVD drive from the computer according
to the online manual

Curious where and in what manual you found that. I re-read what I saw on
the Dell website several times and didn't see anything!

--
Apparently it's rude to poke someone in the forehead and say €śSkip
Intro€ť when they start talking to you