Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default caught driving during Zoom meeting

Ohio state senator caught driving during Zoom meeting with fake office
background

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-18caf22a3200

At the start of the meeting, those on zoom could see that he was in the
car, but then he turned off the camera and when he turned it back on,
he'd changed the zoom background to be a home office.

Then during the meeting, people in the meeting could see him looking
left and right some times, and best of all, they could see his seat belt
across his chest.

He said he could pay attention to the meeting and drive too!

All of this happened the same day that a Ohio House bill was introduced
proposing stricter rules against cell phone use while driving, with a
goal of cracking down on distracted driving in the state.

And of course, usually the meeting host can record the meeting, and if
it's a government meeting, I'd expect that, so check out the video.
(Both links have video. I don't know if they're exactly the same
parts.)

https://www.newsweek.com/ohio-senato...g-bill-1589257
"I wasn't distracted. I was paying attention to the driving and
listening to it (the meeting,)" Isn't that the definition of
"distracted"?

If two arent' enough, here's a third:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/u...r-meeting.html
Mr. Brenner isn’t the first to have pushed the edge of what is
acceptable on video conferences during the coronavirus pandemic. As
meetings and court proceedings have moved online since last spring,
missteps have abounded. Judges have complained about lawyers attending
proceedings shirtless and defendants logging on for hearings in bikinis,
and even naked.

Last month, Rebecca Saldaña, a Democratic state senator in Washington,
apologized after she participated in a legislative video hearing while
driving, The Seattle Times reported.

In February, a California plastic surgeon attended a Zoom traffic court
hearing from an operating room, and a lawyer in Texas who was struggling
with a filter had to explain to a judge that he was “not a cat.”

The plastic surgeon story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/u...ion-court.html
More links to similar stories here.

The cat story: