Posted to alt.home.repair

Default caught driving during Zoom meeting

On Fri, 07 May 2021 00:23:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

Ohio state senator caught driving during Zoom meeting with fake office
background

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-18caf22a3200

At the start of the meeting, those on zoom could see that he was in the
car, but then he turned off the camera and when he turned it back on,
he'd changed the zoom background to be a home office.

Then during the meeting, people in the meeting could see him looking
left and right some times, and best of all, they could see his seat belt
across his chest.

He said he could pay attention to the meeting and drive too!

All of this happened the same day that a Ohio House bill was introduced
proposing stricter rules against cell phone use while driving, with a
goal of cracking down on distracted driving in the state.

Unfortunately if he wasn't holding the phone, I don't know of a single
state where what he did was illegal. I don't agree but every law I
have seen says you have to be holding or typing on a device to be
"distracted". Simply using a hands free phone is legal. For that
matter, so is screwing with the entertainment system that is as
distracting as texting.