Posted to alt.home.repair

Default caught driving during Zoom meeting

Ohio state senator caught driving during Zoom meeting with fake office
background

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-18caf22a3200

At the start of the meeting, those on zoom could see that he was in the
car, but then he turned off the camera and when he turned it back on,
he'd changed the zoom background to be a home office.

Then during the meeting, people in the meeting could see him looking
left and right some times, and best of all, they could see his seat belt
across his chest.

He said he could pay attention to the meeting and drive too!

All of this happened the same day that a Ohio House bill was introduced
proposing stricter rules against cell phone use while driving, with a
goal of cracking down on distracted driving in the state.

And of course, usually the meeting host can record the meeting, and if
it's a government meeting, I'd expect that, so check out the video.
(Both links have video. I don't know if they're exactly the same
parts.)

https://www.newsweek.com/ohio-senato...g-bill-1589257
"I wasn't distracted. I was paying attention to the driving and
listening to it (the meeting,)" Isn't that the definition of
"distracted"?

If two arent' enough, here's a third:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/06/u...r-meeting.html
Mr. Brenner isn’t the first to have pushed the edge of what is
acceptable on video conferences during the coronavirus pandemic. As
meetings and court proceedings have moved online since last spring,
missteps have abounded. Judges have complained about lawyers attending
proceedings shirtless and defendants logging on for hearings in bikinis,
and even naked.

Last month, Rebecca Saldaña, a Democratic state senator in Washington,
apologized after she participated in a legislative video hearing while
driving, The Seattle Times reported.

In February, a California plastic surgeon attended a Zoom traffic court
hearing from an operating room, and a lawyer in Texas who was struggling
with a filter had to explain to a judge that he was “not a cat.”

The plastic surgeon story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/u...ion-court.html
More links to similar stories here.

The cat story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/s...wyer-zoom.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/21 12:23 AM, micky wrote:
Ohio state senator caught driving during Zoom meeting with fake office
background

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-18caf22a3200

At the start of the meeting, those on zoom could see that he was in the
car, but then he turned off the camera and when he turned it back on,
he'd changed the zoom background to be a home office.

He has a bit of a smirk on his face so I suspect he was doing it as a joke.

But what I want to know is why was Senator Troll driving without a mask?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 May 2021 00:23:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

Ohio state senator caught driving during Zoom meeting with fake office
background

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-18caf22a3200

At the start of the meeting, those on zoom could see that he was in the
car, but then he turned off the camera and when he turned it back on,
he'd changed the zoom background to be a home office.

Then during the meeting, people in the meeting could see him looking
left and right some times, and best of all, they could see his seat belt
across his chest.

He said he could pay attention to the meeting and drive too!

All of this happened the same day that a Ohio House bill was introduced
proposing stricter rules against cell phone use while driving, with a
goal of cracking down on distracted driving in the state.

Unfortunately if he wasn't holding the phone, I don't know of a single
state where what he did was illegal. I don't agree but every law I
have seen says you have to be holding or typing on a device to be
"distracted". Simply using a hands free phone is legal. For that
matter, so is screwing with the entertainment system that is as
distracting as texting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Long before cell phones where invented many accidents were caused by
distracted driving. Playing with the radio, eating lunch, kids, dogs,
etc.

The laws are well intention and phones have added to the distractions.
Holding it makes no real difference if your mind is wandering. Many
cars will read your incoming texts and let you reply. Not to mention
all the music options today.

I participate in an Auto forum. Many questions are things like "my
album art does not show on the screen" Really? You should be looking
out the window, not admiring the latest AC-DC album cover.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/07/2021 08:47 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Long before cell phones where invented many accidents were caused by
distracted driving. Playing with the radio, eating lunch, kids, dogs, etc.

When I was trucking I'd turn the CB off when I was backing into a tight
spot. Not even listening to it the chatter was distracting. Then there
was the frigid winter night in North Dakota when I was listening to an
audio book and almost didn't notice my fuel was gelling up in time. She
was running pretty rough by the time I poured a gallon of Power Service
in the tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It can be quite distracting eating kids and dogs, they
tend to scream and shout when you bite them.

The laws are well intention and phones have added to the distractions.
Holding it makes no real difference if your mind is wandering. Many cars
will read your incoming texts and let you reply. Not to mention all the
music options today.

I participate in an Auto forum. Many questions are things like "my album
art does not show on the screen" Really? You should be looking out the
window, not admiring the latest AC-DC album cover.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 7 May 2021 20:08:03 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 05/07/2021 08:47 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Long before cell phones where invented many accidents were caused by
distracted driving. Playing with the radio, eating lunch, kids, dogs, etc.

When I was trucking I'd turn the CB off when I was backing into a tight
spot. Not even listening to it the chatter was distracting. Then there
was the frigid winter night in North Dakota when I was listening to an
audio book and

Oh, NO!!! FLUSH FLUSHHH FLUSHHHHHHHH
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 May 2021 12:26:35 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It can be quite distracting eating kids and dogs, they

Oh, please, spare everyone your pathetic attempts at some sort of "humour",
sociopath!

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"