Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. It's Work, work, work, at work

A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2021 12:53 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow. I can understand if it is out of hand and stifling actual work but
telling people not to ever express a view is just plain censorship.

If politics were never discussed at work the Colonies would still be
under the rule of the King of England.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/21 2:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/3/2021 12:53 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political
discussions while working.┬*┬* I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow. I can understand if it is out of hand and stifling actual work but
telling people not to ever express a view is just plain censorship.

If politics were never discussed at work the Colonies would still be
under the rule of the King of England.

Oh dear me, it's to prevent one of the precious little snowflakes from
being.....ah-fended....

--
We've created a generation that is incapable of dealing with the
existence of a dissenting opinion
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/3/2021 12:53 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political
discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports
talk.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow. I can understand if it is out of hand and stifling actual work
but telling people not to ever express a view is just plain
censorship.

If politics were never discussed at work the Colonies would still be
under the rule of the King of England.

I think it wasn't about opinons can't be expressed, it was about
limits. DOD has the same policy. A CO for example can't call an
all-hands gathering to talk about his strong feeling about candidate X.
Hatch act is related.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2021 8:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/3/2021 12:53 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political
discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports
talk.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow. I can understand if it is out of hand and stifling actual work
but telling people not to ever express a view is just plain
censorship.

If politics were never discussed at work the Colonies would still be
under the rule of the King of England.

I think it wasn't about opinons can't be expressed, it was about
limits. DOD has the same policy. A CO for example can't call an
all-hands gathering to talk about his strong feeling about candidate X.
Hatch act is related.

Re-reading, this sentence stands out:
1. No more societal and political discussions on our company Basecamp
account.

OK, I can understand that. What is not plain here is what can or cannot
be discussed at other times, like the break room. That should not be
stifled.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2021 12:53 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 5/3/21 2:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/3/2021 12:53 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political
discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow. I can understand if it is out of hand and stifling actual work
but telling people not to ever express a view is just plain censorship.

If politics were never discussed at work the Colonies would still be
under the rule of the King of England.

Oh dear me, it's to prevent one of the precious little snowflakes from
being.....ah-fended....

Lucky for me the snowflakes are the ones who are working remotely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 3 May 2021 09:53:48 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

A software company wants employees to avoid societal or political discussions while working. I didn't see any mention of sports talk.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/a_software_company_comes_up_with_a_brilliant_corpo rate_speech_policy.html

Wow, at least 20 employees, 1/3 of the staff, have resigned or said they
would resign becauase of a ban on talking politics.

I've read your first two replies and it reminds me of a radio caller
where someone was complaining that speech is more and more stifled.

I see it the other way and think people have short memories. Even when
I grew up in the 50's the warning was that there are two things not to
talk about at work, religion and politics.

Good advice then and good advice now. if there was a period in the 70's
to 90's where that rule didn't apply, that's a wondefful thing, but I
think we're back to the 50's.

(Optional text: the hate-mongering of the prior 4 years ruined that. Not
just hate against Mexicans, Moslems and other identifiable groups, but a
general attitude of scorn and hate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:10:06 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Lucky for me the snowflakes are the ones who are working remotely.

Ah, interesting! You don't consider yourself to be a snowflake, senile
gossip? Wow, what a "manly" gossip you are then! LMAO