Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moen Faucet will not stay in spray mode

I have a one-year old Moen Extensa faucet in my kitchen, which, when new,
would always start in "stream" mode when the water was turned on. If you
wanted it to go into "spray" mode you had to switch it to spray while the
water was running. It would always revert back to stream when the water
stopped. In the last couple of months it's gradually changed its behaviour
to that whatever mode (stream or spray) was last used is the mode which it
now starts in. Was it broken to begin with or is it broken now is my
question??!! Is this common. Has anyone got a solution? Maybe there's
something that needs cleaning. I don't have a hard water problem so I don't
think it's calcium buildup, but even if it were I'm now sure how I'd get
into the "head" of the thing. Thx.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-3110701-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 10:31:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

It's likely fouled with mineral deposits. Typically they default to stream and go
back to that when the water is turned off. Yours is stuck. Take the head off and
soak it overnight in vinegar or 50-50 vinegar and water. Making the solution hot
will help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Apr 2021 14:31:04 +0000,

wrote:

I have a one-year old Moen Extensa faucet in my kitchen, which, when new,
would always start in "stream" mode when the water was turned on. If you
wanted it to go into "spray" mode you had to switch it to spray while the
water was running. It would always revert back to stream when the water
stopped. In the last couple of months it's gradually changed its behaviour
to that whatever mode (stream or spray) was last used is the mode which it
now starts in. Was it broken to begin with or is it broken now is my
question??!! Is this common. Has anyone got a solution? Maybe there's
something that needs cleaning. I don't have a hard water problem so I don't
think it's calcium buildup, but even if it were I'm now sure how I'd get
into the "head" of the thing. Thx.

Seems to me you're better off now. It stays the way you last used it.
Isn't that better?

I had a clock radio and I forget how it workded before I went a way to 2
months. When I got back it would stay on forever, and since the
contacts are tarnished and don't work for the most part, I'd turn the
radio off just by turning the volume all the way down.

It stayed this way for a few months until there was a power failure.
Now when I turn it on, it stays on for 24 hours.

I'm sure it was not like that before, so I'm in mode 3. Eager to see
what comes next.